Other related stuff
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to the people

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Hi all,

I' new to madsoninc and as well new to the forum,
therefore a warm "hello" to the members, users, moderators, admins, and of course, the developer(s) :-)

Yesterday, I've installed Madsonic onto a Synology 1813+ and right now, its running well. (The new download-page is great with all the different builds, before that, it was a little bit hard to read thrugh the posts for a installation and trouble-shooting guide.)

ATM I'm trying/testing/clicking/indexing/wondering/reading/waiting, and listening to the music.

Later on, I will be asking the obvious questions ;-)

Cheers!
These users thanked the author Matt Zornig for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Hello to the people

Unread post by Madsonic »

look here for more infos for Synology http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2073
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Goodbye to the people

Ok, after some weeks with a lot of (unanswered) support+bug tickets, days of trying and testing, broken databases, stopping music, incomplete re-scanning, etc., I came to the conclusion, that I'll wait for some months and then maybe try madsonic again with hopefully more luck/working features and fixed bugs on my synology DSM.

Thank you all for helping and reading ;-)

If I can be of any assistance to get the madsonic run smoother on DSM, just tell me.
For now, I uninstalled the package. (but it should be no problem to re-install)

Cheers and enjoy life!
Madsonic
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to the people²

Hello again,

its been a while but now I'm back to check all the new and improved things madsonic has to offer :-D
I'm really exited, because the changelogs look very promising.

I wish myself a happy and successful testing and
listening to all my good music! (Thats whats it all about, isnt it?)

Cheers!
Madsonic
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Goodbye² to the people

It was an exiting month of testing, trying and listening to my music !

Unfortunately, something went wrong with the Madsonic install and I don't have a clue what and how to fix it.

Unfortunately², nobody is here to take care and so I'm going to uninstall Madsonic and going for a nice holliday.

I'm coming back the next year, or so, I guess, hoping, some of my (new) feature requests may be implemented and all of the bugs are fixed ;-)

For me, it seems Madsonic has quite some problems which need to be addressed when working with huge amounts of music, like we have.
Also, a lot of settings are not well described and there is no help anywhere to get a decent idea what will change or what are the impacts for changing a setting.
The working is sometimes very confusing, too.
(A Wiki or Documentation with A LOT of screenshots and adequate descriptions would be very helpful for such a huge amount of settings. The forum isnt the right place IMHO to look for questions like: "what will happen, when I click this setting? I don't see any changes, since I activated/deactivated it...")

Anyways,
Madsonic Server worked much better than the last time, I tried Madsonic, but hey, maybe just because of my RAM Update :-> Who knows.

Cheers!