AudioBook m4p files - madsonic unable to determine duration

Need help? Post your questions here.
shivan

AudioBook m4p files - madsonic unable to determine duration

Unread post by shivan »

I recently started collecting audiobooks and most that you download are in a series of mp3's. In order to use in other situations, I need to convert them to standard audiobook files with an extension of m4b. I am using a program called chapter and verse to convert the mp3 to m4A and then it takes the m4a files and creates an m4b book file. I have been testing on one book Contact by Carl Sagan. I have created one large book at about 217mb and two books with half in one and half in the other of about 108mb each.

I have the files playing in madsonic, but they get a log error: WARN StreamController Unknown duration for contact chapter 1-10. Unable to estimate transcoded size.

Small or large files play, but of course on the now playing screen there is no end time, no progress bar, just plays. I don't know it this is a transcoding error or madsonic just can't handle it.

Here is the latest transcoding setting i am using:

m4b mp3 ffmpeg -i %s -aq 0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -

I tried it with this previously with same results:

ffmpeg -i %s -map 0:0 -b:a %bk -v 0 -f mp3 -
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.68 KiB) Viewed 7428 times
any suggestions?

madsonic version: 5.1.5240.20150506.1212
ffmpeg version N-66917-g0e406ab Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers (24.10.2014)

Thanks
These users thanked the author shivan for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Miles_Gonzalez
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AudioBook m4p files - madsonic unable to determine durat

Unread post by Miles_Gonzalez »

As I know, M4P files are from Apple music, they are DRM protected, so you have to use a DRmare Audio Converter to break DRM as well as convert them to a universal format. check may take a look at it here to get it of any hassles.

I personally an Apple Subscriber, I am only able to play them on apple devices until I remove DRM protection.
JerrySmith1021
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AudioBook m4p files - madsonic unable to determine durat

Unread post by JerrySmith1021 »

Did you mind to change another software to convert your audiobooks? If you are looking for an easy and practical program to batch convert audiobooks, you can have a try with AudFree DRM Audio Converter, which also can convert audiobook to m4b losslessly. I'm an audiobooks lover, it's work well for me.