Is Subsonic required to install Madsonic on Win8?

Need help? Post your questions here.
Dunker007
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is Subsonic required to install Madsonic on Win8?

Unread post by Dunker007 »

I am doing a first time install on Win8 and I am wondering if I need to install Subsonic and then MadSonic, or can I just use MadSonic alone? My "server" is a dedicated Win8.1 machine and I am looking to stream Madsonic over the internet to my Android phone.

Any help, or links to guides are appreciated.

Thanks!
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is Subsonic required to install Madsonic on Win8?

Unread post by gurutech »

It's best to just install the most recent version of Madsonic. It includes all of the Subsonic features (and then some). No need to install Subsonic and then Madsonic.
Dunker007
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Dunker007 »

Thank you, I was able to get it up and running last night with no issues.

I did have one long delay when I was trying to figure out how to set up my subsonic dns server set up. (yourname.subsonic.org). imo, it should be in the same location it is in subsonic, without having to go enable the feature first in some other sub-menu first.

I am now wondering how to upgrade to the next version, I installed the most current stable version, but now am thinking about moving up to a beta. Do I just download and run the installer, or will that wipe my settings?

Thanks!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Dunker007 wrote:Thank you, I was able to get it up and running last night with no issues.
I am now wondering how to upgrade to the next version, I installed the most current stable version, but now am thinking about moving up to a beta. Do I just download and run the installer, or will that wipe my settings?
Thanks!
hi there,

for upgrade you only stop your madsonic service and replace from the standalone package madsonic.war & madsonic-booter.jar
all settings will be kept on upgrade.

some other install, upgrade and cleanup infos you can finde here -> http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6

best regards