Need help? Post your questions here.


Unread postby 007bond007 » 04 Apr 2014, 15:08


I have recently start running Madsonic and I've come across issues streaming to mobile devices... even if they are on Wifi on a remote location. I've narrowed it down to the fact Madsonic does not appear to be transcoding any of my videos I'm trying to play. I tried many times changing, and resetting the transcoding settings with no luck, finally I changed the command so that I know it would break if it tried to transcode... turns out that madsonic isn't even using the transcoding commands!

Server is on Windows running latest stable version, client is Android using either subsonic or ultrasonic app same result on tablet and phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on getting the transcoding working.

Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Apr 2014, 02:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Transcoding

Unread postby triptol » 21 Apr 2014, 01:51

Might want to check whether you have the transcoding engines (ffmpeg and friends) in the right location and with the right user permissions.

Really don't know about windows but on Linux they have to be in /var/madsonic/transcode, a location that is close to the madsonic database (/var/madsonic/db). Make sure your tomcat user has read rights to that folder as well, else it won't be able to execute the files.
Posts: 16
Joined: 14 Nov 2013, 01:05
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Return to Support 5.x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests