Lyrics [Solved]

Need help? Post your questions here.
JoeDat

Lyrics [Solved]

Unread post by JoeDat »

Noob here. I apologize if this is either posted somewhere else or a really dumb question. Did my due diligence to try to find this myself but coming up short. Anyway...

I know Madsonic has lyric support in some fashion. However, I'm unclear as to what degree. What I'm trying to do is simple. Most of my library already contains embedded lyrics. Do any of the madsonic clients that are supported have the ability to display those lyrics? I have the official Madsonic android app and I'm also trying through the various web interfaces (flash and html5). If this ability exists, I just don't see it.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lyrics

Unread post by gurutech »

It's something we've been requesting for a while. The only way I know of (so far) is to click the "Lyrics" link under the song title on the right-hand pane. But in my experience, this doesn't work all the time - it will either pull up no lyrics, or the wrong lyrics.

I believe MadEvil was working on a way to use the embedded lyrics (if they are present), and then go out to the internet to display lyrics if they are not embedded. Not sure on how far he's gotten with this. Haven't seen anyone else working on this either.
JoeDat

Unread post by JoeDat »

Hmm...lyrics link? I'm either completely blind, or that's missing on my instance. I dont see that anywhere....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

It's on the web page as you are listening to a song. Will appear along with the song title and who's listening to the song on the right side of the window.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
JoeDat
Rating: 7.69%
JoeDat

Unread post by JoeDat »

I feel completely dumb, but I'm being totally serious. I see nothing resembling what you're describing when I'm listening to a song via the web player. I see the song title of course, but you also mention it should show me who's listening to the song on the right side of the window. The right side of the site only shows the other albums by this artist. No lyrics link. I don't know if I've managed to configure this in such a way that has altered the layout, but I doubt it. i haven't done too much with it so far. Appreciate you humoring me on this.

EDIT: I figured it out. You have to enable "Show what others are playing" in Personal settings to enable the right hand pane that you're referring to. Not enabled by default (at least, it wasn't for me). It was your suggestion that I should see who's listening to the song that tipped me off. The lyrics link is there. Thanks again!
These users thanked the author JoeDat for the post (total 3):
gurutechMadsonicapastuszak
Rating: 23.08%
apastuszak

Unread post by apastuszak »

Thank you for finding that. I thought I was going insane!

Now are there any clients that support lyrics?
These users thanked the author apastuszak for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: AW: Lyrics

Unread post by Madsonic »

Sure the API form the madsonic client ask first internal metadata from media then Webservice if no internal lyric is found.