Keeping two Madsonic installations in sync

Need help? Post your questions here.
bjesus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Keeping two Madsonic installations in sync

Unread post by bjesus »

Hello!
My friends and I have been using Madsonic for a few months now and we're loving it. it works really well, allowing all of us simple, free access to our music collection.

The problem is that the server we've manage to set up isn't the most stable one... it's located in an area where electricity shuts down sometimes, therefore the server is down every now and then. So, we managed to bring up another one, located elsewhere.

I sync the music directory between the two servers using BitTorrent Sync. it works great and our music collection is always the same on both servers. but users data - usernames, passwords, history - all of this isn't in sync.

While I don't care much about statistics and history - I do want the usernames and passwords to be in sync, so I won't have to create a user twice and so that a password change is automatically reflected on both servers.

I assume there's a file holding this data, and I want to keep this file in sync between the two servers.

Is it possible? what file hold this data? Is there a simpler solution?

Thank you!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Keeping two Madsonic installations in sync

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

yes it's on my personal todo list for madsonic -> Request: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=368

best regards
bjesus

Unread post by bjesus »

interesting. so currently there's no way to make the two installations sync manually? just by copying a setting file from one to another?
flyah

Unread post by flyah »

I'm also looking for the same solution.

As of this moment, I'm testing a solution. Its done by installing GlusterFS on both servers so it would sync the music folder between 3 servers. My plan is to have 3 Mandsonic installations that will be load balanced by Haproxy)

I'm not sure if it will work on the usernames + settings but I'll post whatever I'll find later.