Video timing and size issues

Need help? Post your questions here.
tokka
Has thanked: 0

Video timing and size issues

Unread post by tokka »

Hi all, after some fixes i'm now able to play videos with ms from an arm machine, but the actual situation is:
mp4 works, and i can move the movie point with the bar after the cache is filled (offset doesn't works);
for the others video files i cannot use the bar, offset doesn't works, and the dislpayed time is NaN:NaN
i'm using ubuntu 12, and Java is version 8 (or 1.8)
The automatic video size too don't works..or may be it resize the video to the monitor size and not to the original video size? (i have a 4:3 monitor).
Do i have to check some particular package? or it may depend by the board?
Thanks in advance :)
Attachments
mad.PNG
mad.PNG (6.87 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Video timing and size issues

Unread post by GJ51 »

Mp4 video places the index information at the end of the file which is why you can't seek until it's fully loaded. There's a utility called QTindexswapper2 that can reformat an mp4 so that the information is moved to the front of the file.

HTH w/that

I don't know if there's any way to change the default player video size to autofit. You can right click on the player bar and toggle through the various modes till you get what you want.
tokka
Has thanked: 0

Re: Video timing and size issues

Unread post by tokka »

Hi GJ, thanks for the answer :)
I didn't know that utility, it seems very usefull. :D
I'll give it a try, but if it has to reformat the files, may be my cpu will be overloaded (it is an arm proc @ 1Ghz) :oops:

For the video size, for the moment i change the aspect manually, it's not a great probelm. It was just for info than for other :)

Thanks a lot for the moment :)