Last.fm Artist info and Summary?

Need help? Post your questions here.
jsgates
Has thanked: 0

Last.fm Artist info and Summary?

Unread post by jsgates »

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have completed the "Sync Madsonic Artist Cover from Last.FM" & "Sync Madsonic Artist Summary from Last.FM (Full)" in the Last.FM tab under settings, but I am not seeing any of the artist summary information when browsing my artists in Madsonic, and I don't see the artist thumbnails displayed when browsing via the "Artists" tab in Madsonic. I have tried running a a Normal rescan with no luck. I am afraid to do a Full Rescan because I don't want to lose my "starred" tracks. I am running Madsonic build 5.0.3840. Is there something else I need to do to get the artist summary info to display? I did check the logs after both scans and there were no errors. Thanks for any insight.

-hogfan
JoeDat

Re: Last.fm Artist info and Summary?

Unread post by JoeDat »

Bumping this up. I'm having this problem as well. Running 5.1 TechDemo III. Can't figure out how to display this info.
clopper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by clopper »

Little bump from me too.

I'm having the same problem. Running 5.1 build 5200 on Windows 7 32 bit.
Nothing at all displayed when selecting artist tab or when clicking on Artist underneath an artist image.
(Artist images are displayed though.)
No errors from the last.fm service in the log either.

This used to work for me under 5.0 so can't figure what I'm doing wrong. My 5.1 is a fresh install btw.
Any help appreciated.
Monte87

Unread post by Monte87 »

I am running 5.2 and also have this issue.
clopper

Unread post by clopper »

Since posting, I've actually managed to sort this.
Go into Media Folders in the Settings menu and make sure that any music media folders have the Group drop down option set to Music.
Mine was defaulted to Don't Group.
Having done that, resync the last.fm data and everything started to work. :) :) :)

Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul.
SquareofPrimes

Unread post by SquareofPrimes »

clopper wrote:Since posting, I've actually managed to sort this.
Go into Media Folders in the Settings menu and make sure that any music media folders have the Group drop down option set to Music.
Mine was defaulted to Don't Group.
Having done that, resync the last.fm data and everything started to work. :) :) :)

Hope this helps
Cheers
Paul.
Hey Paul, on my dropdown list on the Media Folders in settings, it just has Index 1 (all), Index 2, 3, & 4. Maybe they are supposed to say Music or Video, or whatever, but they don't. Do you know which one you picked from the list? 1st, 2nd, etc.?

Thanks for working on this!

**UPDATE: I had an old version that I installed a few days ago. I now know what you are referring to, but even in beta version 5.3 there is no artist info no matter what I have tried.
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

I am still unable to get this feature to work. I'm on a clean install of 5.2 Beta 2. Artist Cover sync does work, but I still cannot get Madsonic to display the Artist info, Bio, etc. I know the information successfully downloaded from Last.fm because there are no errors in the log, and When I go into each of my physical artist folders, the artist.nfo XML file exists, and if I open it up with a text editor, all the info is in there. I did a full rescan with cleanup but the artist info still does not populate. Is there some magic to get this working? Thanks.