Lost playlists again...how to not do that?

Need help? Post your questions here.
jsgates
Has thanked: 0

Lost playlists again...how to not do that?

Unread post by jsgates »

Ok, I've been digging around this forum & the Subsonic forums to try to find a solution to this problem. I did a standard full rescan again trying to get my Last.fm artist data & summary info to show up and lost all of my playlists again. I haven't used playlists as much in the past, but the way I understand it now is that when you save your playlists it doesn't really "save" them per say......they have to exported to a file. I'm sure this is probably a limitation in Subsonic, but it seems crazy to me that something as simple as re-scanning kills existing playlists. So my question is, is there any way to implement something in Madsonic that automatically exports the playlist to a file when you save the playlist? I looked around for a script to automate this in the meantime, but haven't been able to run across anything yet. I didn't have that many playlists, but I don't want all my users playlists getting lost whenever I try to get a new feature working in Madsonic (ie. Last.fm artist info & summary, moods, etc.). Thanks.

-jsgates
HeavensNight

Re: Lost playlists again...how to not do that?

Unread post by HeavensNight »

hi

if you scan or Clean-up from "media scan" you dont lost your playlists, only update your database.
but if you scan from media tools this will delete all your database and rescan again, this is why lost your playlist songs.

greetings.
These users thanked the author HeavensNight for the post:
Lars
Rating: 7.69%
Lars
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Lars »

HeavenNight wrote:hi

if you scan or Clean-up from "media scan" you dont lost your playlists, only update your database.
but if you scan from media tools this will delete all your database and rescan again, this is why lost your playlist songs.

greetings.
thx, was wondering about this as well.

cheers, L
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

With techdemo III a new playlist backup/restore feature is implemented.

On each manual scan of your library, a backup of all playlists will be created.
So you can restore your Playlists after a full rescan with cleanup.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
Lars
Rating: 7.69%