Madsonic and Tvheadend

Need help? Post your questions here.
killlerfun
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Madsonic and Tvheadend

Unread post by killlerfun »

Hello everyone !!

Just downloaded madsonic and thissoftware looks great. I made some researches and I found a post from 2011 on subsonic forum dealing with tvheadend and the possibility to watch TV over internet ( at office or on holidays for example).

I'd like to know if this is still working? If yes, How to make it works ?

HTPC
Ubuntu 12.04
Tvheadend Glandos Fork
Madsonic 5.0.3830
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT, java 1.6.0_32, Linux (31.3 MB / 193.6 MB)
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Madsonic and Tvheadend

Unread post by GJ51 »

I hadn't heard of TVHeadend prior to your post, but I have had some success getting live TV into Subsonic getting the stream directly off my Silicon Dust HDHR.

I do have a demo set up at http://television.subsonic.org where a guest account is active. just use guest for user and password. The site may be up and down over the next day or two while testing is going on.

My tech savvy son is reviewing what can be done to create an add on pack to automate the process. I'll update if he makes sufficient progress to pass along. He just stopped down to my cave to notify me that he thinks he's got it figured out,

I laughed when he said he would get it done this weekend, but never underestimate a big data content analytics CRM developer. Damn - he really seems to know what he's doing...

EDIT: We are just about done with getting this working. Once finished I'll send Marty the details to see if we can get Silicon Dust HD Home Run support integrated into the next release. The pluggin will be called "SubWave" all rights reserved by Maplegrove Partners, LLC.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%