Madsonic is ignoring transcoding entirely

Need help? Post your questions here.
kitsuna
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Madsonic is ignoring transcoding entirely

Unread post by kitsuna »

I am at my wits end i dont fucking understand whats going on. I have the default settings enabled to get Flac to MP3 but whenever i play a FLAC file it ignores it entirely and just streams the raw FLAC i have tried countless fucking options and nothing is working. The log doesnt even show any errors or any attempt at transcoding it just saying that the user is listening to the FLAC. I fucking want it to transcode if i wanted to play files directly i would just use a vpn. Like i said everything is default just the settings that come with madsonic i am using version 5.0.3880
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Madsonic is ignoring transcoding entirely

Unread post by GJ51 »

Have you placed the latest transcode files into the transcode directory? What platform are you on?
kitsuna
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kitsuna »

I have downloaded the latest files, i am on Linux Mint. Have been busy sorry for the delay but so far this is still an issue its not transcoding at all. I tried reinstalling after cleaning out everything didnt help.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

OK - I'll try one last time.

I don't use Linux very often, but every installation has a transcode directory. On Linux installations I believe it gets installed in the var/madsonic/transcode or /var/subsonic/transcode directory if that hasn't been changed yet in the latest Linux distro.

In any event you need to verify that ffmpeg and the other files included in the transcode pack download are actually in the transcode directory. Just doing a clean install does NOT automatically place the transcode files needed in the "transcode" directory.

Please answer the original question. Have you verified that the files are actually in the transcode subdirectory?

You must download the latest transcode pack from here:

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1135

and place the files in the transcode directory.

You can also test the latest version of ffmpeg from here:

https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html#build-linux
bwood

Unread post by bwood »

Hi,

You might want to ensure that the transcoding is enabled for the player you are using as well as in the Transcoding settings. This setting is located under Players. Select the player you are using, then scroll to the bottom and verify that the m4a/FLAC Audio transcoding is enabled (checked)...
Regards.
These users thanked the author bwood for the post (total 2):
MadsonicGJ51
Rating: 15.38%