madsonic on bananian (debian wheezy)

Need help? Post your questions here.
mad1993max
Has thanked: 0

madsonic on bananian (debian wheezy)

Unread post by mad1993max »

Hi i have troble installing the new madsonic 5.1 server on my arm pc

i tried to install the dependencies first: i installed openjdk-7-jre-headless and then i installed the madsonic .dep via dpkg -i, but i got dependencie errors
so i tried using apt-get -f install which downloaded openjdk-6-jre and java-defaults and some java libs, and then it installed madsonic

but i wasnt able to navigate to the login page and i ckeckt the daemon wasnt running althou it displayed is.

my question is now: what are the exact dependencie packages of madsonic on debian? and schould i use oracle instead of openjdk and which version?
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: madsonic on bananian (debian wheezy)

Unread post by DoCC »

if installed , and you are able to start stop via /etc/init.d/madsonic start or stop but the deamon just won't fire up
check /var/madsonic/madsonic_sh.log

if you are not able to install til the end, do some research in the system logs of /var/log/system or apt (if apt is configured to log issues )

any debian based system basicly just needs openjdk-6/7-jre and the madsonic installer . if errors occur you might search deeper in your logs

i used to run subsonic an madsonic under debian 5.0 and ubuntu 10 / 12 no issues known
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
mad1993max
Has thanked: 0

Re: madsonic on bananian (debian wheezy)

Unread post by mad1993max »

OK the problem was that something dindt went right with the change of the deault Java environment and so devaul-jre pointed to a version which wasnt installed

After purgig all java related pakages and reinstalling

openjdk-7-jre-headless

Changing the devault java version from 6 to 7

installing devault-jdk

Everything went right
These users thanked the author mad1993max for the post (total 2):
MadsonicDoCC
Rating: 15.38%