Installing-Fixed BUT: Jukebox errors?

Need help? Post your questions here.
KicknGuitar

Installing-Fixed BUT: Jukebox errors?

Unread post by KicknGuitar »

I first found the 5.0 Mac installer so I had done that but since then I've tried to install the standalone version but no dice, after following ffa's Tutorial for Mac I'm getting this error when I look in the madsonic.sh.log

Code: Select all

Error: Could not find or load main class Support.Madsonic
I've tried to read up on what that means but I can't figure it out. What should I do?

Side idea: When I use to use Subsonic with MusicCabinet I wrote up instructions for myself here: Ugh, can't post the link, oh well.
Should I try that (obviously substituting certain names)?

Thanks for the help.
Edit:
I took a look at my MusicCab instructions (some of which I edited and posted in the Mad on Mac Thread). It was just an issue with where I put the Madsonic folder (default directory is /var/madsonic I had put the contents in /Applications/Madsonic).

but
Now it looks like I'm getting jukebox errors:

ERROR	JukeboxService	Error in jukebox: java.io.EOFException
You'll have to excuse me since I only know so much in coding languages and I'm completely ignorant on Java. I haven't found a solution to this via any searches... yet.
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Installing-Fixed BUT: Jukebox errors?

Unread post by DoCC »

mmhkay,
of cource i can't tell whats going on exactly , but i will give some points to check.

The jukeboxservice tries to reach specific sound engines -> drivers -> sound hardware.
On linux systems the sound "follows" this way madsonics java -> pulseaudio , alsa or OSS -> kerneldrivers -> hardware

Your Error states "java.io.EOFException" this means that the flow of processed data crashes unexpected somewhere. Just like or similar to "E/A-Fehler", "IO - Errors" on faulty harddisks ...

To read more:
http://examples.javacodegeeks.com/java- ... exception/

In your case i bet there is something on with either an not proper setup soundengine or maybe a faulty driver.

The great glassbulb is unfortunately not able to look any deeper in your system ^^
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post (total 2):
KicknGuitarMadsonic
Rating: 15.38%
KicknGuitar

Re: Installing-Fixed BUT: Jukebox errors?

Unread post by KicknGuitar »

Since my last post I'm in the process of upgrading the HD so hopefully when I finish with the clean installs I won't see it. Thanks for the response. Let's hope we don't need that crystal ball again. Cheers.

Edit:
It came back with the clean install. It seems to only occur when using the ffmpeg file in the Madsonic folder 'transcode'. When I remove that, I receive,

[12/7/14 11:26 PM]	WARN	TranscodingService	Failed to transcode Words A Capella. Using original.
[12/7/14 11:26 PM]	ERROR	JukeboxService	Error in jukebox: javax.sound.sampled.UnsupportedAudioFileException: file is not a supported file type
Which I find odd since I have all the transcoding rules off since I never use FLAC or any bitrate to compress. I tried to install ffmpeg the ol' line-code way but I still get the jukebox error. Grrrrrrrr. :evil:

A clean install of Subsonic itself does not result in errors. Jukebox works fine.