import export sqlite

Need help? Post your questions here.
ForSSux
Contributor
Contributor

import export sqlite

Unread post by ForSSux »

Hi There,

I was wondering if there is a way to import metadata from a external sqlite database containing over 100.000 songs into the database from
Madsonic.
The external database is readable so it's a question of mapping one field to another field are there any tools for this?
Or if you have knowledge what is the best way to proceed.

Kind Regards
Guy Forssman
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: import export sqlite

Unread post by DoCC »

hmmm ...
the hsqldb has 3 different tables for scanned media
- artist

Code: Select all

ID	NAME	COVER_ART_PATH	LAST_SCANNED	PRESENT	ALBUM_COUNT	PLAY_COUNT	SONG_COUNT	TOPPLAY_FOUND	TOPPLAY_COUNT	ARTIST_FOLDER	GENRE
- album

Code: Select all

ID	PATH	NAME	NAMEID3	SETNAME	ARTIST	SONG_COUNT	DURATION_SECONDS	COVER_ART_PATH	PLAY_COUNT	LAST_PLAYED	COMMENT	CREATED	LAST_SCANNED	PRESENT	ALBUMARTIST	MEDIAFILEID	GENRE	YEAR
- media_file
__ if my DB would response id post the table structure here ___

all of these tables contain certain metainfo.

You would have to translate or rewrite your current sqlDB to fit these tables.
Otherwise i guess there is no proper way than just scan the files via madsonic itself.

# this would only make madsonic recognizing them, this does NOT include any extra metainfo that is not stored within the mediafiles #

the next problem is, there is no known way to add an lage amount of entries like that at once.
you would have to know the current ID counts, wou would have to increase the ID values manually.
within 3 or more tables ...

at least i do not know how hsql works, if there is an hidden value for autoincrement or something like that.

i guess, if MadEvil him self doesn't give any advice how to make your thing work , you will have to wait : )