[fixed] Directly back to login screen

Need help? Post your questions here.
baxtr

[fixed] Directly back to login screen

Unread post by baxtr »

Apologies.....deleted cookies again and it held this time....I did try this before and kept having the same issue but it seems to be holding now....I assume that is why I kept getting the random login screens as well....it would occasionally forget me and make me login again. Thanks

I have recently installed Madsonic beta 5.2.5420 running along side my Subsonic install. this morning I have had an issue. First off it doesn't remember me on the login screen......even if I use the check box. I need to login every time.

Now for the odd part.....randomly, upon clicking any button (i.e. settings/recently added/) any of them....it throws me back to the login screen. Now this does not happen all the time, last night I was playing music all night...this morning I added a user....got through it all....went to click save and it made me login and didn't save the info. I have been running Subsonic for years....as have I used Madsonic over the years as well.

I am assuming this is something on my end not remembering me but why so random? and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back to working again....stop and start the service....complete reboot of the server....still randomly makes me login again. Any info on what to try would be awesome, I would really like to switch to Mad for good.

Running on WHS 2011
lukeman89
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [fixed] Directly back to login screen

Unread post by lukeman89 »

how did you fix this? I am experiencing the same problem
baxtr

Unread post by baxtr »

Depends on the browser you use....I use Chrome so I can just go into setting...history....and clear them

if you use IE then tools/safety/delete browsing history.

you will then of course need to log back in to all you saved sites.

Unfortunately, I am having the issue once again....but only the initial madsonic log in....it's just not remembering me :(
once I log in, it lets me browse and play without going back to the login like it did when I posted this, but once I close the browser, it forgets me again....I am thinking it is a browser issue but it does not do it on any other login site I have, including my Subsonic
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

bug confirmed!

The remember-me security filter isn't working right.

Since version 5.1 only the session cookie is working, bug is fixed with version 6.0.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
baxtr
Rating: 7.69%