Anyone willing to install and setup Madsonic on my VPS?

Need help? Post your questions here.
murray
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone willing to install and setup Madsonic on my VPS?

Unread post by murray »

I'm willing to pay!

I've ran Subsonic in the past and tried to implement the User registration script that is out there but had problems with my previous VPS host. I've recently changed hosts and started looking at Madsonic more and would like to switch to it.

Is anyone willing to setup Madsonic and the user self-registration script for me? My lack of mySQL knowledge makes it difficult for me to set up myself, and I don't want to make things worse hacking it up...
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone willing to install and setup Madsonic on my VPS?

Unread post by DoCC »

hi and welcome : )

i have read the thread http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=622 ..
here it says, you do not need any specific setup of mysql stuff.

if your vserver has an adminwebpanel ( webmin, cpanel, plesk or whatever ) , installed php with curl, installed mysqld, you are able to set this up within few minutes:

i hope you are using a linux based vserver : )

Step 1: login into your admin panel
Step 2: browse to your Mysql Section. This can be a standalone section like it is in webmin OR it is part of a configured website like it is in plesk
Step 3: Add a NEW Database in most cases you are able to configure the specific user for this db at the same page. these 3 things > dbname > dbuser > dbpassword are the whole thing you need for configureing the script to work with mysql.
Step 4: with these 3 variables you are now able to follow the guide listed in the above link.

thats it.

But if you really don't have a clue .... send me a PM
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

If you are referring to the user registration script that I created, then that would be what you need MySQL for. (In Centos 7 it's called MariaDB, but it's the same thing.)

You would need an SMTP server setup (or use the one provided by the hosting company), as well as a MySQL (or MariaDB) server installed (both of these can be installed on the same server). And for the registration script itself, I don't think it works on Windows, so you would need Linux (or find a way on your own to "convert" the script to Windows.)
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by DoCC »

smtp ? a fully MTA ? the script uses just sendmail ... this is a included part of every *ix distri
and sendmail just throws the mail to a stmp server you can store in the config ... therefor you could user gmail, gmx and co as well ...
but every vserver comes along with a fully qualified MTA buildin ...

ok you can choose a plain basic running shell aswell . but then i guess the threadstarter would not ask for help : ))
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

DoCC wrote:smtp ? a fully MTA ? the script uses just sendmail ... this is a included part of every *ix distri
and sendmail just throws the mail to a stmp server you can store in the config ... therefor you could user gmail, gmx and co as well ...
but every vserver comes along with a fully qualified MTA buildin ...

ok you can choose a plain basic running shell aswell . but then i guess the threadstarter would not ask for help : ))

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I use mine through gmail, but it does require sendmail (or postfix in my case). But even though Linux comes with it, it still needs to be enabled and configured.
murray

Unread post by murray »

Thank you guys for the many responses.

I have a VPS running Ubuntu 14.1 (pretty sure) that I have installed LAMP on and have Subsonic on now.

I want Madsonic and yes, the user registration that you created gurutech. Self registration is a must for my needs.
murray

Unread post by murray »

Come on, Gents! This is something that you guys with the knowledge could bang out in less than an hour, I'm sure of it! Help a fella out!