Upload Feature - Not doing anything

Need help? Post your questions here.
kg13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Upload Feature - Not doing anything

Unread post by kg13 »

I have tried upload MP3s, and Zip files (album/mp3s) on both my Ubuntu 15.04 and 2012r2 server. The upload option will upload files to the incoming folder, but then it does nothing else. The files sit there and I am unable to access them from madsonic (5.1.5240.20150506.1212). Since I have never used this function before, nor can I find information on what is suppose to happen. So I am unsure if I need to manually move the files, or if masonic is suppose to do something with them.

any help or information would be appreciated.

Should I be creating a folder structure of artisit/album/mp3's for zip files before uploading them?

thanks.
kg13

Re: Upload Feature - Not doing anything

Unread post by kg13 »

Nothing? I mean I know its probaly a dumb question..

I'll just manually move the files.

Cheers.
andyfitter

Unread post by andyfitter »

I sympathise... I asked some questions too and all I got was silence.

Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the platform :-(
madsub

Unread post by madsub »

kg13 wrote:So I am unsure if I need to manually move the files, or if masonic is suppose to do something with them.
Madsonic is only reveiving these uploads. You have to look over them manually to make them fit for your way to store music-files and sort them your way.

I would never allow a third person to upload files that directly get sorted in a special way, so I think a feature that automatically sorts uploaded files would be quite useless and lead to a messed up structure anyway.
Do you really trust other people that they deliver you correctly tagged music files?
addseo1115

Unread post by addseo1115 »

Thanks for the info