How do I view videos/ Movies which I have uploaded?

Need help? Post your questions here.
markofealing
Has thanked: 0

How do I view videos/ Movies which I have uploaded?

Unread post by markofealing »

Whilst I'm very familiar with Madsonic, I can't work out how I'm supposed to browse cataloged videos like I do with Music Albums. I can filter on ALL Videos and see them down the left hand side but I would really like to be able to see them as thumbnails and some associated metadata.

I'm hoping this is possible as we are looking to use Madsonic as our video streaming server at our school, to replace a Windows 2008 Media Streaming Server. Naturally we run Madsonic on Linux, not Windows :D

Thanks

Mark
markofealing
Has thanked: 0

Re: How do I view videos/ Movies which I have uploaded?

Unread post by markofealing »

I'm going to reply to my own post!

You need to create sub-folders to contain your videos for example Comedy, Drama, etc.

If you then wish to have cover art associated with each video, you then need to create a sub folder for each video, each video sub-folder will hold the video plus the 'album cover' image file.

There appears to be a bug if you wish to add a image to the primary sub folder in that it picks up the image from one of the videos in the folder below. This can be manually fixed by a copy and paste/ delete/ move.

What Madsonic doesn't do is attempt to pull movie info from sites like IMDB, this would be a great feature. You can copy and paste this info into a Comment box.

Unfortunately, Madsonic is biased towards audio files :( so I'm going to take a look at Envy as an alternative.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How do I view videos/ Movies which I have uploaded?

Unread post by gurutech »

Put them in subfolders. I have mine sorted by title.