Turn off transcoding

Need help? Post your questions here.
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Turn off transcoding

Unread post by chali »

Hi

I see some write that they turn off transcoding for certain formats / players.

But how do I do it? for example I want transcoding to my phone, but I do not want transcoding to my google tv (it can play non-transcoded but not transcoded)

I noticed this, I accidentally crashed my transcoding part and then played all the movies on almost all things such as Boxee, Google TV, co-star, phone) unfortunately it does not work with ipad (isub).

I would like to have the ability to simply turn off transkoding for some hardware that connects and that they get the original format (MP4 H264 Acc ffmpg)

Can any kind soul help me with this?

Sincerely, / Chali
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Turn off transcoding

Unread post by GJ51 »

Go to Settings/Players and at the bottom of the pane you can select the Active transcodings that apply to each player.

Another option is to remove a file from the transcoding set. For example, if you never want mp4 video transcoded to flv, go to Settings/Transcoding and just remove that extension in the flv/h264 "Convert from" section.
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Turn off transcoding

Unread post by chali »

Hi

thanks for your reply :-)

Unfortunately this does not work, I have tested both ways several times on both windows / linux server, the only thing that happened is that I get the message that the file is not playable.

but if I rename the three files in the transcoding folder so it crashes instead then it works great to play the files. (it's the same files I tested with at all times)

/ Sincerely Chali

GJ51 wrote:Go to Settings/Players and at the bottom of the pane you can select the Active transcodings that apply to each player.

Another option is to remove a file from the transcoding set. For example, if you never want mp4 video transcoded to flv, go to Settings/Transcoding and just remove that extension in the flv/h264 "Convert from" section.