Server Can't Connect after a Period of Time

Need help? Post your questions here.
mlutzow

Server Can't Connect after a Period of Time

Unread post by mlutzow »

I'm running Server Build: 4.8.3320 Beta3 for MS Windows v7 patched current and have it installed and somewhat working.

After I first installed this build over the SubSonic server everything worked good.

I could connect from the local machine, from a handheld (Android 4) using either the SubSonic 3.6 Addfree or the MadSonic 4.0.7.143 build for Android.

WIth the Android devices I could connect on the local network or using the data connection from my service provider.

I then noticed that after about 1 day I could no longer connect with the Android devices no matter what I tried. The PC was 'awake' and serving (could connect with localhost). I finally opened the Madsonic Control Panel which showed the server as 'Running: Auto Start'. I stopped the server and then started it again. I could then connect with the Android devices from remote locations.

I have this situation happening again, this time I'm away from the Madsonic server but had someone who has access to the server Stop and Restart the Madsonic server for me. Unfortunately, I can not access the server from my Android devices. I know that this was working for about two days before I encountered this issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions what could be cuasing this issue. I know that the SubSonic server was running rock solid but the group and user security of the Madsonic server make this far superior but if I can't get this resolved I'll reluctantly have to go back to the SubSonic version.
Last edited by mlutzow on 20 Feb 2013, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Server Can't Cannot after a Period of Time

Unread post by GJ51 »

SSL enabled? If so try it without. I have one Madsonic site that would stop every few days that seems to be OK bow after turning SSL off. I can't find any reason for the behavior in the Madsonic logs or the event logs of the host. This is a standard Windows install on WHS v1 that is VERY stable and never crashes. Turning off SSL seems to have fixed the problem.
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

No, SSL is not enabled...I was considering turning it on.

I can't prove this, I need to check this out more thoroughly but I have the server set to refresh the library daily at a certain time and I'm wondering if after the refresh is when the connection breaks.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

That is possible. One of the times my server died was also right after the nightly scan.
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

Well I'm hoping I have the issue resolved. Went through and cleaned up configuration on the router and the server. First time install and I think was a little sloppy with ports, etc. Followed some recommendations I found in my reading and it seems stable now.

We'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2