Mobile Streaming Delay

Need help? Post your questions here.
mvd7793
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mobile Streaming Delay

Unread post by mvd7793 »

Hello! I'm not going to call this a bug anywhere - my guess is I have something misconfigured. I have madsonic setup on my new dedicated server. The box is a dedicated OVH server in France, 8GB RAM with a Sandy Bridge processor (point being it's not very limited in terms of hardware).

I have a video in Madsonic I can stream on my laptop through the embedded web player just fine. No delay at 1000 Kbps. On the same wifi on my iPhone, (speedtest tested download at 43 mbps, a fast university wifi connection), iSub will take a while to load, and stream exactly 10 seconds of the video. It will then stop for 2-3 minutes, stream 10 seconds, and repeat. I would assume these are the blocks specified by the Apple Streaming protocol.

I went into iSub's settings and bumped the video and audio bitrate settings all the way down to 64 for wifi/cell. The ffmpeg command being run by subsonic on the server:

/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg -ss 20 -t 10 -i /home/downloads/username/MyMovie.avi -async 1 -b 60k -s 336x240 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mpegts -vcodec libx264 -preset superfast -acodec libmp3lame -threads 0 -

The bandwith is fine here, as evidenced by my computer, and the speed test on my phone. The hardware shouldn't be limiting it (I can stream fine from the server at 1000 kbps to my computer). Any idea why it's going so slowly? Where do I continue to debug?

Also, you can see the graph here. There's a bunch of time where it appears to be doing nothing, which makes me think this is a madsonic issue rather than an iSub issue or subsonic issue. Switching to vanilla subsonic fixed the problem.
Edit: Image won't go through, you can view it attached
Attachments
isub.png
mvd7793
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mobile Streaming Delay

Unread post by mvd7793 »

Update: Using 4.8 beta appeared to fix this. I was using 4.7 before.