Subsonic Lincense and features qustions

Need help? Post your questions here.
sakrayaami
Has thanked: 0

Subsonic Lincense and features qustions

Unread post by sakrayaami »

Hi there,
first of thank you very much for the creation and maintaining of this amazing MAD mod for subsonic.

I saw that there is a section in madsonic stating: "Enable for Subsonic Premium Services (License needed) or use own Domain sharing."
I know that subsonic has the option to pay little amount of money and you will get additional features.
My questions are do I need to pay for madsonic (or for subsonic) in order to get something more and what exactly I'm going to get.

Thank you.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Subsonic Lincense and features qustions

Unread post by gurutech »

The money you pay for Subsonic will allow you to use a *.subsonic.org address to forward to your Subsonic server. The same can be used for Madsonic.

The *.subsonic.org URL is required in order to use iSub (iPhone player), and possibly others (I have only used iSub). If you already have a Subsonic license, then you shouldn't need a separate Madsonic license, but if you like the software, you should donate to Madsonic as well.

That said, I am still planning on sending some money to MadEvil as soon as I can find a job to pay for it...
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi to all,

Madsonic is a free fork of the subsonic 4.7 Server.

I start this platform because i want share the new experience with the modified subsonic core,
so madsonic was all the time free and you need no license to use it!

I add the option you can decide if you want to use own Domainsharing or the subsonic sharing *.subsonic.org)
subsonic lincensed Premium Feature (Domain Sharing, Podcast, Video Sharing, Adfree, ...)

btw. Sindre will change the license model within the next builds.
In the Future you have 3 options: subscription based 2 Month/1 Year or the lifetime license (~40€).

best regards
joelparsons
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by joelparsons »

Hi Madevil. Thanks for all your work on this, its a truly excellent mod. Im a bit lost with the licence side of things though. I have a subsonic licence because i wanted to use domain name sharing. i.e. myname.subsonic.org. I've entered this in the Subsonic URL field in Settings > Network but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Also, I dont see anyway of adding the subsonic licence. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. Joel
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

First go to Settings/General, then at the lower section of the panel there is a check box

" Enable for Subsonic Premium Services (License needed) or use own Domain sharing. "

Once you check the box and Save you should be able to do everything just as you can in Subsonic.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%