Android app transcoding issue on 4.8.3350.beta3

Need help? Post your questions here.
sakrayaami
Has thanked: 0

Android app transcoding issue on 4.8.3350.beta3

Unread post by sakrayaami »

Hi,
I'm facing a strange issue with playing flac files through the android app 4.0.8.150 using mad sonic 3350.
Whenever I try to play a flac file nothing happens, although the mp3 files are playing.
From the Logs section I see this error whenever I try to play flac through android app:
[2/25/13 7:54:31 AM EST] DEBUG TranscodingService ## madsonic-Client supports natively flac, Download file.
[2/25/13 7:54:31 AM EST] INFO PlayQueueInputStream mapto listening to "LTJ Bukem - Producer 05 [2002]/02 - A Couple Of Beats.flac"
[2/25/13 7:54:47 AM EST] WARN RESTFilter Error in REST API: broken Stream

Mapto is the name of the user that is using the android app.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
nh5

Re: Android app transcoding issue on 4.8.3350.beta3

Unread post by nh5 »

I have this issue with the Android app as well, it happens normally when I transcode a file from 320 down to lets say 192kbps, only reason why I do it is to conserve mobile data, however the songs once downloaded do not play in the app or through the built in android music player as well. It also seems to affect only some of my library. Not sure why.
mtnkodiak

Unread post by mtnkodiak »

Just wanted to mention that I have this problem myself. I cannot figure out why it fails, or what causes it. Some tracks transcode fine, and others do not. I also have downsampling in use for the same reasons (why stream a 320kbps song? Makes sense to downsample to 160kbps or so...).

Both the Madsonic and Subsonic android players choke on the stream when the "Error in REST API: broken Stream" error occurs.

Madsonic app gets stuck on "Buffering", eventually just giving up and returning to "not playing" state. If I then hit play again, it flashes to "Downloading - 0k" then back to not-playing instantly.

What's curious is that sometimes the log will report the "Error in REST API: broken Stream" error, but the track will seem to play fine in the android apps!

Is it something about how certain mp3s are encoded? Are the default transcoding settings wrong? And also-- is there a difference between setting the streaming audio bitrate in the android app and setting it on the server's Players page? Do they both need to be set for it to work right?

[Windows 7; Madsonic android app + madsonic server; very large library of mp3s]
rmnma

Unread post by rmnma »

Same problem here. It only works with the ffmpeg / lame transcoder from 2011 out of my old musiccabinet server. But with all the versions which are standard in madsonic it doesn't work.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: AW: Android app transcoding issue on 4.8.3350.beta3

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

Sorry but there will be never a all in one transcoding solution, there are to many different standards. So i try to implement with build 3800 different transcoding profiles to bee more flexible.

Best regards