Issue with LastFM artist image sync

Need help? Post your questions here.
Skinjob

Issue with LastFM artist image sync

Unread post by Skinjob »

This is just a minor issue, but I thought I'd report it in any case. I'm running 4.8.3350.beta3.

I have two different media folders. After syncing the artist images from LastFM, the image is not displayed for any artist that exists in both folders. If the artist only exists in one media folder or the other, the artist image displays correctly. Seems like the LastFM sync is dropping the artist.png in the last media folder where the artist occurs, but the app is looking for it in the first media folder.

Example:
(sorry - the leading spaces get stripped off when viewing the post, so I had to use "-" instead to indent the folders below)

MediaFolder1
---Artist1
------artist.png
---Artist2
------(no image file)
MediaFolder2
---Artist3
------artist.png
---Artist2
------artist.png

Artist1 and Artist3 images display correctly, but Artist2 does not. If I copy Artist2's image to MediaFolder1\Artist2 then the image will display correctly when the artist is selected from the left side index. However, when I go through the Artist icon at the top of the page, the image still won't appear in the search results whether it's in MediaFolder1, MediaFolder2 or both, so there might be another problem there.

I'm sure you're asking why I don't just move everything for the artist into one media folder, but there is a legitimate reason the folders are organized that way. Plus I have about 170 artists that exist in both folders, so even if I could move them, it's not a trivial job.

Again, it's not a big deal and I'm sure there are more important issues, but it seems like something that should be easy to fix.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Issue with LastFM artist image sync

Unread post by Madsonic »

Thanks for spoting this out!

What Picture should be use, if in both folders a Picture exist?

best regards
Skinjob

Re: Issue with LastFM artist image sync

Unread post by Skinjob »

Madevil wrote: What Picture should be use, if in both folders a Picture exist?
I guess it might make sense to use the order in which the media folders are defined in the settings page as the priority. In other words, have the LastFM sync and the "Change artist cover" link put the image in the first media folder where the artist occurs (in the order defined in the media folder settings page). Then have any page that displays the image look for it in the same order.