Clean-up database not working?

Need help? Post your questions here.
madsub

Clean-up database not working?

Unread post by madsub »

Hi,

adding and deleting music and subfolders from my music-folders is constant work.
Because I don't want that Madsonic shows music that is no longer there I thought testing the cleanup-database feature would be a good idea.

I tried it several times but I can't see any success.
Files and folders I deleted in my music-folder still show up in the database and are found by a search.

Do I understand this feature wrong?
Is the only possibility to get rid of these database-entries to make a full rescan?

By the way:
I think it would be a good idea if Madsonic would show some activity-bar so that you know if it is still working on the cleanup or it has finished.
z-vap

Re: Clean-up database not working?

Unread post by z-vap »

Hi. I was wondering this also.

I have two locations where my songs are. I noticed that some of my artists were at both locations. I decided to move them to be in just one location or the other, however when I click on Clean-up database, I can't tell if it's running or not. There is no entry made in the LOG, nor is there anything done to the list on the left hand side of the page.

Is this a known bug?
Skinjob

Unread post by Skinjob »

I can confirm that the clean up seems to be broken. I just renamed some albums (folders, files & tags). The new names show up fine, but I can't get rid of the old. The old folder and file names no longer exist, but clean up doesn't get rid of them.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

It would help to know what version of Madsonic you are running. If you are running an older version, this issue may have already been fixed in the current one.
Skinjob

Unread post by Skinjob »

Wait, I take it all back. The deleted albums finally did disappear, but it took quite a while. I guess jumped the gun, but nothing shows in the log and the process wasn't showing any CPU usage, so I assumed nothing was happening. Maybe it's cached for a while? Anyway, it seems like it's working OK - just have to be patient. Sorry for the false alarm. Using 5.0.3510.beta3, BTW.