Anyone get HTML5 audio to work in Android?

Need help? Post your questions here.
Skinjob

Anyone get HTML5 audio to work in Android?

Unread post by Skinjob »

There's been some discussion about this on the FAQ thread, but I thought there might be a better chance for a reply in the Help forum.

According to the HTML5 FAQ you should be able to replace a couple files and get an HTML5 based player instead of Flash.

I must be missing a step or something. I've renamed the files and restarted the service (even rebooted) as described in Madevil's post at the top of the thread, but I can't get audio playback on Android in Chrome, Dolphin Beta or the browser that comes with my Asus Transformer TF300 (Android 4.2.1). I can't tell any difference after renaming the files. In all cases the player doesn't work, and depending on the browser it's either not visible or only some buttons that aren't actually part of the Flash player are visible, which is exactly how it behaves before renaming the files. In WinXP, Chrome and Firefox both still show the Flash player.

I have some playback problems with the Android app and I know I can use MiniSub, but the web interface is so much better. So I'm not really happy with any of my Android options right now. It sure would be nice to be able use the web interface on my tablet. Has anyone actually gotten it to work?
Skinjob

Re: Anyone get HTML5 audio to work in Android?

Unread post by Skinjob »

If anyone else was interested, there's more details in the HTML5 FAQ thread. Short version is HTML5 currently only seems to work with video. Audio still uses flash.