Podcast Receiver issues.........

Need help? Post your questions here.
hogfan
Has thanked: 0

Podcast Receiver issues.........

Unread post by hogfan »

I've been fighting with the stupid Podcast Receiver for several days now. I had several podcasts working before in Subsonic before upgrading to Madsonic. I have set my podcasts to save to the folder /var/Podcasts. I then did a "chmod 777 /var/Podcasts" to grant everyone full control of this folder. In Podcast Settings in Madsonic I set my Podcast download directory to /var/Podcasts, and chose the option to download all available episodes and set the option to only 1 simutaneous download. The problem is that all episodes show completed but when I play them, they are only like the first 3 secs and are 30k in size. I am certain the feeds I'm using are correct as they are the same ones that were working in Subsonic. I don't know what the deal is with the Podcast Receiver, but I've had the same thing happen in the past in Subsonic. I was able to fix it then by removing all podcasts and re-adding the same rss feeds back. However, I have done this multiple times since upgrading to Madsonic, after restarting the subsonic service, and I still can't fix the issue. I do not believe that this a permissions related issue because the first part of each file does download and the first 3 secs is playable. Any assistance resolving this issue is appreciated.

-hogfan
hogfan
Has thanked: 0

Re: Podcast Receiver issues.........

Unread post by hogfan »

I think I may have found the issue. I had "Fast Access Mode" enabled. I guess this feature affects Podcasts as well. I refreshed the library and now I'm seeing the full files. I checked the file sizes of the dl files from terminal and saw the issue was in Subsonic.
These users thanked the author hogfan for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%