Cannot launch Madsonic 5 on Freenas (SOLVED)

Need help? Post your questions here.
raidflex
Has thanked: 0

Cannot launch Madsonic 5 on Freenas (SOLVED)

Unread post by raidflex »

I have also posted this issue on the Freenas under plugins/Subsonic plugin.

I followed the Freenas 8.3.1 guide for installation of Madsonic on the subsonic forums.

After installing Madsonic 5, all dependencies and configured the subsonic.sh configuration file I attempted to launch subsonic.sh but receive the error below and the application will not launch.

Error: 18: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have double checked my subsonic configuration file multiple times and all settings are correct.

Please advise. Thanks.

I could not add any website links to the Freenas forums and the guide I used for Madsonic setup on Freenas because apparently these are considered "spam" by the forums here.
Last edited by raidflex on 09 May 2013, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Cannot launch Madsonic 5 on Freenas

Unread post by Madsonic »

raidflex wrote:I have also posted this issue on the Freenas under plugins/Subsonic plugin.

I followed the Freenas 8.3.1 guide for installation of Madsonic on the subsonic forums.

After installing Madsonic 5, all dependencies and configured the subsonic.sh configuration file I attempted to launch subsonic.sh but receive the error below and the application will not launch.

Error: 18: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have double checked my subsonic configuration file multiple times and all settings are correct.

Please advise. Thanks.

I could not add any website links to the Freenas forums and the guide I used for Madsonic setup on Freenas because apparently these are considered "spam" by the forums here.
Hi there,

It is already a while ago that I've tested Madsonic on Freenas, but it worked. Which Java Runtime did you use?

best regards

PS: Yes this forum is SPAM-protected, you should now have unlimited access.
raidflex
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cannot launch Madsonic 5 on Freenas

Unread post by raidflex »

I was actually able to fix the issue. Subsonic did not like the use of certain characters in the subsonic.sh file that I used for my Playlists and Podcasts folder names.

So now the server launches okay after changing the names to all letters.
These users thanked the author raidflex for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%