Demo?

Need help? Post your questions here.
nicolaibvm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Demo?

Unread post by nicolaibvm »

I can see that the Madsonic android Client cost money in the play store. That is fine and I would love to pay.
The problem is that I have tried the Subsonic official client, Ultrasonic client and payed for the DSub client and none off them works without problems.
And since every time a new version of subsonic client is released the two other clients adapt the new code so a lot of new bugs are introduced to all of the clients at the same time.
But often I experience that problems arise places where they never were before, for each new release. I'm kind of fed up. I tried the iSub for iPhone and it worked flawlessly.
So my actual question is: Is there a demo or something that one can try before buying? And yes I know you have 15 minutes to regret the transaction. But you cannot test everything within 15 minutes. It is a ridiculously low amount of minutes Google has set.

What I mainly use is the random feature. I want to get 100 random tracks from the server. Cache while on WiFi and then listen to it on the go.
The biggest problems I am experiencing are:
1) The player suddenly stops playing.
2) When pausing a song and then starting playing after a while (don't know how long) the song start to play from the last position for like a second and then starts the song over.
3) When pausing a song and then starting playing after a while it seems that the playlist starts over, or randomizes the songs again (don't know which).
4) When getting random songs from server it doesn't stick to the selected folder but also gets from all the others.
5) When selecting the client to randomize the songs it adds the same songs more than once

Can Madsonic do this?

If or when this is possible it would be great to have endless random playback. Then I could setup how many songs it should play before deleting from the start and adding new songs to the end of the playlist and if it should only cache when on WiFi. This feature would be awesome.

It would also be fantastic to have the ability to add random songs from multiple folders and multiple genres. But I guess this is something from the server and should be asked in the subsonic forum???

Hope this is the app that I am looking for. I am already running the Madsonic build of the server so it would be great to run the client too!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Demo?

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

This is a good idea, with next Version i release also a demo version to store.

best regards