Synology - tomcat

Need help? Post your questions here.
hanshans

Synology - tomcat

Unread post by hanshans »

Someone who knows how to get madsonic working on tomcat on my synology nas ?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Synology - tomcat

Unread post by Madsonic »

hanshans wrote:Someone who knows how to get madsonic working on tomcat on my synology nas ?
hi there,

Do you know Erics blog about synology and subsonic/madsonic http://www.eg-blog.de :!:

He make a realy good port from an older 4.8 version

Infos: http://www.eg-blog.de/?cat=8
Download: http://www.eg-blog.de/?cat=10

best regards
hanshans

yes i also found another guide.

But it would really be nice to get it working in tomcat. Is it because of java it does not work or whats the problem ?
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

I run all my Madsonic sites on Tomcat, but on Windows platforms with the latest Java release.

I don't use Linux much, but my experiences in this forum and the Subsonic forum lead me to believe that Linux setup is more complicated and more difficult. I'm sure a seasoned Linux user would say the same thing about Windows, but it does seem that more Linux users run into difficult setup and installation issues.

As for running any Mad/Sub Sonic on a NAS, you are likely to run into issues that aren't seen elsewhere.

I know Gururtech runs Linux and has assisted many others with their installation issues. Perhaps a PM to him might get you some specific tips with your particular problem.

HTH
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

Not sure how to get Madsonic on a Synology NAS (or any NAS for that matter, although as soon as I can afford one, I'm sure I'd at least try to get it working!)

I do use Linux, but I'm using Apache, and not Tomcat. From what I understand, to use Tomcat, you need to extract or download only the .WAR file and place it in a certain location on your device. There's threads over on the Subsonic Forum that may help.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Tomcat is a pretty easy install on windows. Install Java, install Tomcat, don't run the service immediately after the installation. delete the default work subdirectory -C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\work - then drop the .war file into C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps.

Now your almost ready. If you are going to be accessing files that will need user permissions, such as a network share, then you have to edit the Tomcat service to use a logon with the proper permissions. Start the service and it automatically deploys the war and sets up the proper directories and everything is ready to go.

I don't know how much different it is in the Linux world, but it's pretty simple on Windows. It seems a bit faster than the Windows installer version and has the benefit of being a bit easier to upgrade as all you have to do is stop the Tomcat service, delete the work directory and the webapps\Subsonic directory, drop in the new war file and restart the service. Only takes a couple minutes once you get used to the sequence.
hanshans

It should be pretty easy. But this is what i get from the log

Code: Select all

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive subsonic.war
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/subsonic/filter/BootstrapVerificationFilter : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2858)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1159)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1647)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadClassAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:145)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationFilterAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:84)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:57)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:297)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:1078)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:261)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4612)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:943)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:563)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1399)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:762)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1500)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:252)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:194)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
- catalina.2013-07-07.log 114/114 100%
if i try to access the site i get

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.36
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

hanshans wrote:It should be pretty easy. But this is what i get from the log

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive subsonic.war
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sourceforge/subsonic/filter/BootstrapVerificationFilter : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2858)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1159)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1647)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadClassAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:145)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationFilterAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:84)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:57)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:297)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:1078)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:261)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4612)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:943)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:563)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1399)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
        at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:762)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.check(ManagerServlet.java:1500)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doPost(HTMLManagerServlet.java:252)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter.doFilter(CsrfPreventionFilter.java:194)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
- catalina.2013-07-07.log 114/114 100%
if i try to access the site i get

HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

type Status report

message This application is not currently available

description The requested service is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.36

hi there,

Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
This mean you have an older JAVA Version then 7, you should upgrade your installation.

Madsonic works on tomcat but also need java 7.

best regards
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

GJ51 wrote:I run all my Madsonic sites on Tomcat, but on Windows platforms with the latest Java release.

I don't use Linux much, but my experiences in this forum and the Subsonic forum lead me to believe that Linux setup is more complicated and more difficult. I'm sure a seasoned Linux user would say the same thing about Windows, but it does seem that more Linux users run into difficult setup and installation issues.

As for running any Mad/Sub Sonic on a NAS, you are likely to run into issues that aren't seen elsewhere.

I know Gururtech runs Linux and has assisted many others with their installation issues. Perhaps a PM to him might get you some specific tips with your particular problem.

HTH
I only repost to point out how difficult it can be to identify the source of a problem when a user looking for help discounts the details given in a post. Although there are differences in the OS, it is helpful to eliminate as many variables as possible to get to the problem source. Differences in Java versions, Tomcat versions, and countless other variables can easily cause problems that will be hard to pinpoint if a user looking for assistance overlooks the implications of the contents of a post. Throw in transcoding strings and differences ffmpeg versions and figuring out the source of a given problem can get very hard to pinpoint.
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
hanshans

damn. Dont think java 7.0 is supported in ds412+ :-(
Think i have to start using my normal server again.
If someone know a workaround i would love to know
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

hanshans wrote:damn. Dont think java 7.0 is supported in ds412+ :-(
Think i have to start using my normal server again.
If someone know a workaround i would love to know
hi there,

with final madsonic 5.0 i also build a Java 6 backwards compatibility version.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
hanshans
Rating: 7.69%
hanshans

Nice :-D.
When do you think it would be ready. And whats the diffence running madsonic in java 6 or 7 ?.