Memory usage?

Need help? Post your questions here.
Skinjob

Memory usage?

Unread post by Skinjob »

I'm wondering if there's a memory leak in the 5.0 series or if maybe there's something special about my environment that's affecting memory usage. When I was on Subsonic and then the 4.x series of Madsonic, I never really worried about RAM allocation. I think I set it to 128MB or 256MB and it just worked. However, since I've been on the 5.0 beta series RAM usage goes up continuously as long as Madsonic is running, even if no one is using the system. Now I've set the memory limit to over 1GB and it still runs out of memory after a week or so and becomes unresponsive. I finally setup a scheduled task to restart the subsonic service every few days and now it runs OK, but I'm still wondering what's going on with the RAM usage.

Environment:
Madsoinc 5.0.3510.beta3
XP SP3 with all Windows Updates
Library: about 50,000 FLAC files in AlbumArtist\Album folder structure - transcode to MP3 for streaming
Users: just me - only use it a few times a week. Mainly in web interface with flash player, but occasionally in android app.

I thought maybe the RAM usage was related to the syncing all the LastFM artist images and info, so I deleted everything and reinstalled from scratch just to make sure I had a clean DB and folders but the ever increasing memory usage still continues. I haven't really seen anyone else complaining about this in the forums, so I'm guessing it might be something specific to my environment.

Is anyone else seeing this with their RAM usage?

Does anyone else have a similar environment that could give me an idea of what the expected memory usage should be?