Subtitles not working

Need help? Post your questions here.
f7n
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Subtitles not working

Unread post by f7n »

Hey, I've got an mkv file and a corresponding .srt file. Both files have the same name and are in the same folder, but the subtitles are not shown when playing the video. The .srt file does not show in the directiory in Madsonic either, just the video file.

Is there a way to solve this? And does Madsonic support hardcoded subtitles?

Thanks.
MonsieurPaul

Re: Subtitles not working

Unread post by MonsieurPaul »

f7n wrote:Hey, I've got an mkv file and a corresponding .srt file. Both files have the same name and are in the same folder, but the subtitles are not shown when playing the video. The .srt file does not show in the directiory in Madsonic either, just the video file.

Thanks.
Hi

I've first experienced the same kind of issue. I manage to make it work using the Offset combo box : choosing a high value made my sub work, of course with an offset.
I then switch back to 0s offset and all my subs are now working.
f7n

Unread post by f7n »

MonsieurPaul wrote:
f7n wrote:Hey, I've got an mkv file and a corresponding .srt file. Both files have the same name and are in the same folder, but the subtitles are not shown when playing the video. The .srt file does not show in the directiory in Madsonic either, just the video file.

Thanks.
Hi

I've first experienced the same kind of issue. I manage to make it work using the Offset combo box : choosing a high value made my sub work, of course with an offset.
I then switch back to 0s offset and all my subs are now working.
Thanks for the advice, I just tried this but it didn't work. Anything else I can do?
MonsieurPaul

Unread post by MonsieurPaul »

f7n wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I just tried this but it didn't work. Anything else I can do?

hmm, not really, it wasn't a solution, just a workaround that worked for me.

can you post the name of you srt? (it could be an issue with a special character)
I realize that I did not try with mkv files but mp4, avi, you should try with another kind of file
f7n

Unread post by f7n »

MonsieurPaul wrote:
f7n wrote:

hmm, not really, it wasn't a solution, just a workaround that worked for me.

can you post the name of you srt? (it could be an issue with a special character)
I realize that I did not try with mkv files but mp4, avi, you should try with another kind of file
The name of the .srt and the .mkv is:

Code: Select all

Delicacy 2011.mkv, Delicacy 2011.srt
I think you're right about the .mkv format. I'll give it .avi's a chance. Thanks for your help, I hope Madsonic will support .mkv subitites soon :).