New install - Video not found or access denied error

Need help? Post your questions here.
willieb1172

New install - Video not found or access denied error

Unread post by willieb1172 »

I have a fresh install of Windows XP Pro and just installed the latest beta version of Madsonic. It won't play video's, I get the error message "Video not found or access denied error".
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.27 KiB) Viewed 9354 times

Code: Select all

[8/22/13 6:01:18 PM EDT] 	WARN	StreamController	Unknown duration for The Matrix (1999). Unable to estimate transcoded size.
[8/22/13 6:01:18 PM EDT] 	INFO	PlayQueueInputStream	admin listening to "R\The Matrix (1999).m4v"
[8/22/13 6:01:18 PM EDT] 	DEBUG	TranscodeInputStream	Starting transcoder: [c:\subsonic\transcode\ffmpeg] [-ss] [0] [-i] [d:\movies\R\The Matrix (1999).m4v] [-async] [1] [-b] [1000k] [-s] [640x480] [-ar] [44100] [-ac] [2] [-v] [0] [-f] [flv] [-vcodec] [libx264] [-preset] [superfast] [-threads] [0] [-]
Any ideas?
shivan

Re: New install - Video not found or access denied error

Unread post by shivan »

My transcode looks like this for movies: ffmpeg -ss %o -i %s -async 1 -b %bk -s %wx%h -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f flv -vcodec libx264 -preset superfast -threads 0 -

I am running on server 2012 but used the same setting on win 7. Have not run on XP (you should upgrade IMO). Don't have a lot of details on your setup so : Do you have access t the drive you are using? Is that a mapped drive? People have trouble with mapped drives and use UNC My files are on a NAS here is my library setting: \\DISKSTATION\Media Files\Movies Others have switched from mapped to UNC and it worked. I know when I reboot I have to re-authenticate with the NAS. Hope some of this helps.
willieb1172

Thanks for the reply shivan,

My transcode settings are the same as yours (which is the default).

ffmpeg -ss %o -i %s -async 1 -b %bk -s %wx%h -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f flv -vcodec libx264 -preset superfast -threads 0 -

Actually it's not a mapped drive, it's in d:\movies. I just copied a movie to c:\movies and I got the same error. Permissions are default, same as music. I've also tried adding "Everyone" and gave full control permissions just for troubleshooting. That didn't work either, same error.

Note: When troubleshooting, all changes I've made while testing was reverted back.

Lastly I downloaded the latest ffmpeg and replaced the ffmpeg (renamed the original ffmpeg.exe.orig) file in the transcode directory and now it will stream but there's nothing on the progress bar. It's greyed out and says 00:00 on both sides.
Capture2.JPG

Code: Select all

[8/23/13 9:05:33 AM EDT] 	WARN	StreamController	Unknown duration for 19 Lord Have Mercy (feat. Tedashii). Unable to estimate transcoded size.
[8/23/13 9:05:33 AM EDT] 	INFO	PlayQueueInputStream	willieb listening to "Gravity\19 Lord Have Mercy (feat. Tedashii).m4v"
[8/23/13 9:05:33 AM EDT] 	DEBUG	TranscodeInputStream	Starting transcoder: [c:\subsonic\transcode\ffmpeg] [-ss] [0] [-i] [d:\music\christian\Lecrae\Gravity\19 Lord Have Mercy (feat. Tedashii).m4v] [-async] [1] [-b] [1000k] [-s] [640x480] [-ar] [44100] [-ac] [2] [-v] [0] [-f] [flv] [-vcodec] [libx264] [-preset] [superfast] [-threads] [0] [-]
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

Have you tried both the Flash version and the HTML5 version? This can be adjusted in the settings.
willieb1172

gurutech wrote:Have you tried both the Flash version and the HTML5 version? This can be adjusted in the settings.
I did.

1.) In Cleanup/Tools I clicked "Reset Video Transcoder to WEBM".
2.) In General I checked "Enable HTML5 Videoplayer instead of Adobe FLASH".

Then I get "Error loading media" as shown below.
Capture3.JPG
I've also disabled my antivirus and firewall, same error.

I even enabled the external player and get this error:
Capture4.JPG
Now if I click the download link I can download the file, then after it's completely downloaded I can play it no problem. So I do have access to the file.

This makes me think it's something to do with the transcoding settings, which have always been set to the default.

Edit: Ok another test, if I turn off transcoding (taking out m4v, etc) then it streams fine, but the progress bar is still 0'd out.

Edit #2: I downloaded Madsonic standalone with latest transcode pack I could find, it gave the same error and progress bar was greyed out also. Then I downloaded Subsonic 4.8 standalone and used the same transcode pack and the video's played fine and the progress bar was working correctly. This is driving me nuts lol
These users thanked the author willieb1172 for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
willieb1172

I installed the Madsonic stand-alone on my WIndows 8 and it does stream, but the progress bars are still greyed out and it shows 00:00 on both sides. So it doesn't look like it's just on XP.

Any ideas how I can fix the progress bars and get them to work?
willieb1172

The new beta release fixed the video not found or access denied error. The progress bar is also now working, but it's still greyed out.

When video streaming with Madsonic, or even with Subsonic 4.8 it does some weird things. When transcoding to flv with default settings, it compresses the mp4 video in the middle into a vertical rectangle with huge black bars on both sides. It also doesn't allow you to move the progress ball. When I remove transcoding for mp4 the video shows correctly and I can move the progress ball.

I'm not to much worried about it. I've basically came to the conclusion that Subsonic's focus isn't video streaming anyway. I use plex, but I will use Madsonic for file downloads.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

If it's any comfort, I think anyone who uses Sub/Mad sonic for video has dealt with this at one time or another. I've encountered it when permissions to the folder weren't set properly, when the version of ffmpeg didn't work right, and when different versions of Sub/Mad sonic just weren't doing things correctly. Pinpoining the issue when it happens can be frustrating to say the least.
the_tox
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by the_tox »

I'm having this problem as well. Madsonic is running in FreeNAS... and I can stream mp3s, but not flac (no log error... it just doesn't play) and I get the "video not found or access denied" error. Can't be permissions, because the working audio has the same permissions as the rest of the media. I haven't changed any transcoding settings...

I have no trouble with any of the same data with subsonic 4.8 on windows 7.