Guest Account Access Denied

Need help? Post your questions here.
ddjksa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Guest Account Access Denied

Unread post by ddjksa »

Hi,

Recently changed back from Madsonic to Subsonic with MusicCabinet add-on (basically to get listing by artists correct for all my compilation albums). Works great with 1 weird problem. I'd like to give access to users to simply browse my listing like an online static catalogue (ie. cannot change any settings, cannot play files, cannot upload or download anything). This was fine in Madsonic but when I create the new user and uncheck all settings in my new installation, I cannot logon as the new restricted user (HTTP Error 403 Access Denied). I can only logon as the restricted user if I check the setting to allow him to play files? (which I don't really want to do as we all know there are loads of third party apps which will capture any streaming audio etc.). Any ideas? Please :)

Version Subsonic, originally written by Sindre Mehus. Built with MusicCabinet plugin, version 0.7.24c, on March 25, 2013.
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT, java 1.7.0_09, Windows 8 (58.7 MB / 109.4 MB)
BKKKPewsey
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Guest Account Access Denied

Unread post by BKKKPewsey »

Errr! Shouldn't you be posting this over on the Music Cabinet forum http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11 ?
ddjksa wrote:basically to get listing by artists correct for all my compilation albums
I am a bit intrigued on what Hakko's mod does for compilation albums that Madsonic doesn't :?

ddjksa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Guest Account Access Denied

Unread post by ddjksa »

Thanks for the reply BKKKPewsey - you're right...should've posted it over there I suppose - do you know what the problem is anyway? BTW...loved Madsonic but it ignores the artist tag in compilation albums when populating the left-hand search pane and only shows the album artist tag (which typically happens to be Various etc.). Yes it does show them in the playlist and when you click on the album but MusicCabinet will display all the artists (even those on compilation albums) in the left hand search frame as well.

All the best

DDJ