Albums with "Part"/"Act" assumed to be multidisc [Solved]

Unread post by drrighteous »

I have albums that have "Part 1" or "Part 2" in the Album name, for example:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

But it's getting re-written into:
Movies - Disk 1
Movies - Disk 2

Which is odd considering they are Soundtracks and I can't find the word "Movies" anywhere in their tags.

Additionally I have classical CDs with Titles like:
Fidelio (Act 2) - W. Furtwagler

Rewritten into:
Ludwig van Beethoven - Disk2

I've tried to change the mediatype of the directory, but with little effect. Any suggestions?
Skinjob

Re: Albums with "Part"/"Act" in name assumed to be multidisc

Unread post by Skinjob »

There are new settings available since the 5.0.3630.beta5 build that fix this. The settings allow you to disable any special parsing of the album names and just use the tag/folder name as is:
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... =716#p1728

Note that you have to do a full rescan after you change the settings.

FYI - I think the strange "album" names you are seeing either come from the album artist tag or the parent folder name of the album folder. In my case these are always the same so I'm not sure which one is being used. Prior to the new settings albums names like "album name (CD 1)" were getting changed to "artist name - Disk 1". Do your soundtracks by chance sit in a "Movies" folder? In any case, once you disable the folder and album set parsing and rescan, they should display as expected.
These users thanked the author Skinjob for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
b111
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Albums with "Part"/"Act" assumed to be multidisc [Solved

Unread post by b111 »

Hello folks,
My apologies for bumping old thread.
I've faced the same bug of parsing part of Madsonic (ok, i do believe this is a bug) about a week ago with some of my VA albums. Please see attached picture.
MADSONIC 5.2.5420.
2015-03-16 00.15.54.png
Skinjob wrote:There are new settings available since the 5.0.3630.beta5 build that fix this. The settings allow you to disable any special parsing of the album names and just use the tag/folder name as is:

As clearly seen from the screenshot above i intentionally use custom folder names for albums that differs from id3 tags, so i believe it's just incorrect to say that disabling this will "fix" something.
And i'm agree while some of the album tags in my case are far from perfect, others are absolutely valid - i.e. 'How To Destroy The Universe Part 5': http://www.discogs.com/Various-How-To-D ... ase/816449 I beleive we won't switch to 'discogs are lame' discussion...
So until Madsonic developer himself decides fix his parsing engine or not to use it anymore, we need to know that:

Enable AlbumSet/Folder Parsing + tags with "CD 1"/"Part 1"-like album names = Completely weird result