Album & Artist Art

Need help? Post your questions here.
c0utta
Has thanked: 0

Album & Artist Art

Unread post by c0utta »

Madsonic has changed the way I listen to music. No longer to I carry an iPod with me, just my BlackBerry with a 64GB microSD card. These holidays I'll purchase the Android app and see if I can get it sideloaded onto the BlackBerry.

I already had a streamlined structure for album and artist art as I run a Squeezebox network at home, so I'm hoping that Madsonic will also fit into this structure.

All my artist and album art is located in one directory and the Squeezebox uses this directory - note that my music folders are designated readonly to Madsonic (and the Squeezebox for that matter).

Being familiar with SQL, am I able to update the cover_art_path to my art folder and have Madsonic use that instead? Which table do I use for artist art and which for album art? Will this stick during a refresh?

Thanks!
c0utta

Re: Album & Artist Art

Unread post by c0utta »

Time to bump after nearly 5 weeks and 41 views.

Madevil, you're probably the only one who can answer this, but it looks like my nightly rescan overwrites the values that I set for the artist art. I have meticulously organised my art over the last 10 years and sometimes the Last FM artist art is not the ideal.

Also, would you be able to PM to discuss using the Android application sideloaded onto a BlackBerry 10?

Thanks!
c0utta

Unread post by c0utta »

I've figured out how to manipulate the Cover_Art_Path to suit my needs, but then I needed to run a SQL script every night to update the database values. The db.view page is too small to submit the entire script, and I didn't want to do it interactively.

For future reference, here's how I did it via cron:

Code: Select all

java -jar /var/madsonic/jetty/3830/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar --inlineRc url=jdbc:hsqldb:file:/var/madsonic/db/subsonic,user=sa,password= /mnt/music/madsonic.sql
Note that /mnt/music/madsonic.sql is where my SQL statements are stored.

Two extra things:
- the madsonic service must be stopped
- you'll need to put a "commit;" at the end of the script
These users thanked the author c0utta for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
c0utta

Unread post by c0utta »

Addendum to this.

I had a couple of occasions where my Madsonic instance was being completely trashed so badly that I had to restore from backup. I ended up working out what the problem was - an upgraded Madsonic included a new HSQLDB jar, and I was using the old 1.8.0.10 jar. This was corrupting the database along with the commands above.

After doing some research, I obtained a copy of sqltool.jar and placed it into the lib folder. I could then use:

Code: Select all

java -jar /var/madsonic/jetty/4800/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/sqltool-2.3.2.jar --inlineRc url=jdbc:hsqldb:file:/var/madsonic/db/subsonic,user=sa,password= /mnt/music/madsonic.sql
Two extra things:
- the madsonic service still needs be stopped
- you'll need to put a "commit;" at the end of the script
These users thanked the author c0utta for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%