Creating playlists

Need help? Post your questions here.
skopo
Contributor
Contributor

Creating playlists

Unread post by skopo »

I'm looking for method to make playlists with another software (for example winamp)
Because I like to create large playlists like one artist discography with 10 albums of music.
With webclien this is kinda hard and takes lot of time.
Server runs on ubuntu.

Anyone?
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Creating playlists

Unread post by gurutech »

I create playlists in iTunes, then export to *.m3u8 format, convert to supply the correct path as Madsonic would read it, then import them into Madsonic.

This is great for "genius" playlists, but would also work for full artist playlists.
skopo
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by skopo »

gurutech wrote:I create playlists in iTunes, then export to *.m3u8 format, convert to supply the correct path as Madsonic would read it, then import them into Madsonic.

This is great for "genius" playlists, but would also work for full artist playlists.
What are you using to correct paths because by hand in text file is no fun.. neither fast
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

I created a script to do the conversion for me.... See: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=553

You'll just need to modify the paths. Create the VBS and CMD file in the same folder as your exported iTunes playlists.

You will need Windows to do this though. (I have a VM running Win8 that does this for me.)