Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though ..

Need help? Post your questions here.

Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though ..

Unread postby omoanya » 17 Jan 2014, 19:52

Am loving Madsonic ..amazing features and I feel like I may soon be free of Itunes completely ,

I am having some filetype issues:


If I have transcoding off on my player shouldn't madsonic play everything natively ?

Wavs and Aiffs don't seem to be playing -- they do play when transcoding is on , but I want to use Madsonic to play high res and non compressed files. Is that possible ?

Thanks !
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 19 Jan 2014, 03:22

in the web player only support mp3 and acc, if wanna play other files format or lossless format without trascoding just play in external player.

regards.

omoanya wrote:Am loving Madsonic ..amazing features and I feel like I may soon be free of Itunes completely ,

I am having some filetype issues:


If I have transcoding off on my player shouldn't madsonic play everything natively ?

Wavs and Aiffs don't seem to be playing -- they do play when transcoding is on , but I want to use Madsonic to play high res and non compressed files. Is that possible ?

Thanks !
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 20 Jan 2014, 17:53

Thanks Heavenight, I just tried using external player and of the two I use (audirvana and Vox) I managed to get Vox working (sort of there are some strange sounds when adding additional songs). Each song I play in MS ends up as a downloaded playlist file in my downloads folder on my MAC, Is there a way to use an external player without downloading a new m3u file for each song I play ? Do you recommend any external players that work more seamlessly ? I have some HD Aiff and Waves and was hoping to use hence Audirvana.
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 26 Jan 2014, 17:33

omoanya wrote:Thanks Heavenight, I just tried using external player and of the two I use (audirvana and Vox) I managed to get Vox working (sort of there are some strange sounds when adding additional songs). Each song I play in MS ends up as a downloaded playlist file in my downloads folder on my MAC, Is there a way to use an external player without downloading a new m3u file for each song I play ? Do you recommend any external players that work more seamlessly ? I have some HD Aiff and Waves and was hoping to use hence Audirvana.



Just select in the web browser open automatically .m3u file, and select the player.
Every time you play a song this open the player and add the song automatically without save the playlist m3u file every time.

regards.
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 27 Jan 2014, 22:52

Well I decided to stick with the web player for all playback except hi res. I love the Madsonic interface and don't really like the external players on offer that play nice. I prefer to use audirvana or protools for the HD stuff and will just keep a separate folder of all hd material. Eitherway everything goes on subsonic server because i can always download to a local machine if i wanty to play hi rez files without transcoding. Can't seem to get madsonic to transcode large aiffs or even hi kbs files of most types. May be my wifi is too slow ,
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 28 Jan 2014, 18:51

OK - I understand, thanks ... Shouldn't it transcode m4a's though to MP3 on the fly ?

I find a lot of time the higher rez ( vbrs for example M4A 816 Kbps vbr ) just don't transcode. I'm not quite up on the transcoding settings yet, I see that %b = Max bitrate of the player/ The MP3 setting it is set to Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab %bk -v 0 -f mp3 but I don't see which is the actual rate. m4a/FLAC is set to : Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab 320k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 - which seems like it would be 320kbps - if that is correct, can I raise it ?


HeavenNight wrote:in the web player only support mp3 and acc, if wanna play other files format or lossless format without trascoding just play in external player.

regards.

omoanya wrote:Am loving Madsonic ..amazing features and I feel like I may soon be free of Itunes completely ,

I am having some filetype issues:


If I have transcoding off on my player shouldn't madsonic play everything natively ?

Wavs and Aiffs don't seem to be playing -- they do play when transcoding is on , but I want to use Madsonic to play high res and non compressed files. Is that possible ?

Thanks !
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 31 Jan 2014, 23:00

Hi.
No you cant raise more of 320kbps, is a limitation of obsolete mp3 format. -ab = constant bitrate (max 320kbps) or -aq = variable bitrate (max v0). the best is v0 in quality and size of file. you can raise more 320kpps with ogg vobis but you cant play in the webpage just in external player or portable device.
you wanna trascode for the web player or external player?

regards.

omoanya wrote:OK - I understand, thanks ... Shouldn't it transcode m4a's though to MP3 on the fly ?

I find a lot of time the higher rez ( vbrs for example M4A 816 Kbps vbr ) just don't transcode. I'm not quite up on the transcoding settings yet, I see that %b = Max bitrate of the player/ The MP3 setting it is set to Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab %bk -v 0 -f mp3 but I don't see which is the actual rate. m4a/FLAC is set to : Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab 320k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 - which seems like it would be 320kbps - if that is correct, can I raise it ?


HeavenNight wrote:in the web player only support mp3 and acc, if wanna play other files format or lossless format without trascoding just play in external player.

regards.

omoanya wrote:Am loving Madsonic ..amazing features and I feel like I may soon be free of Itunes completely ,

I am having some filetype issues:


If I have transcoding off on my player shouldn't madsonic play everything natively ?

Wavs and Aiffs don't seem to be playing -- they do play when transcoding is on , but I want to use Madsonic to play high res and non compressed files. Is that possible ?

Thanks !
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 08 Feb 2014, 00:52

Thank you very much Heavenight -- I will try optimizing for the vbrs which I have a alot of. I assume the same goes for M4a ?
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 09 Feb 2014, 02:53

omoanya wrote:Thank you very much Heavenight -- I will try optimizing for the vbrs which I have a alot of. I assume the same goes for M4a ?


Yes is the same. just change -ab *k ( * = the constant bitrate what you like 32 to 320 ) or -aq v* (* the variable bitrate what you like 0 = best, 9 = worst)
this is for (whatever format) to mp3.

regards.
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 09 Feb 2014, 18:17

Thanks for your kind help, I am looking to optimize for web player

I am still trying to work it out. For M4a/flac I made the following change to the default as you suggested, perhaps i did it incorrectly,


DEFAULT : Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab 320k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -
CHANGED TO : Audioffmpeg -i %s -aq v0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -

However I was unable to get the following file to play :

Guajeo De Saxos Cachao Y Su Ritmo Caliente - From Havana To New York Cachao Latin 1967 m4a 13.3 MB 2:22 787 Kbps vbr
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 10 Feb 2014, 06:42

sorry my bad, is without the "v"

Audioffmpeg -i %s -aq 0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -

let me know if work.

regards.


omoanya wrote:Thanks for your kind help, I am looking to optimize for web player

I am still trying to work it out. For M4a/flac I made the following change to the default as you suggested, perhaps i did it incorrectly,


DEFAULT : Audioffmpeg -i %s -ab 320k -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -
CHANGED TO : Audioffmpeg -i %s -aq v0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 -

However I was unable to get the following file to play :

Guajeo De Saxos Cachao Y Su Ritmo Caliente - From Havana To New York Cachao Latin 1967 m4a 13.3 MB 2:22 787 Kbps vbr
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 01 Mar 2014, 00:36

I tried the setting Audioffmpeg -i %s -aq 0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 - but I still am having no luck playing either of these files or any vbr M4a files

Guajeo De Saxos Cachao Y Su Ritmo Caliente - From Havana To New York Cachao Latin 1967 m4a 13.3 MB 2:22 787 Kbps vbr
Ride All Night Reggae 2012 m4a 23.4 MB 3:11 1020 Kbps vbr
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 01 Mar 2014, 06:05

hi!
it is very odd, someting is not working in your setup, this trascoding command is working in my server, but instead ALAC, im use FLAC. some files files don´t work because you add a corrupted image in you tags.
You install the linux version or standalone? because dont include the transcode files.


omoanya wrote:I tried the setting Audioffmpeg -i %s -aq 0 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0 -f mp3 - but I still am having no luck playing either of these files or any vbr M4a files

Guajeo De Saxos Cachao Y Su Ritmo Caliente - From Havana To New York Cachao Latin 1967 m4a 13.3 MB 2:22 787 Kbps vbr
Ride All Night Reggae 2012 m4a 23.4 MB 3:11 1020 Kbps vbr
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 02 Mar 2014, 04:30

Hi Thanks for sticking with me... I appreciate it.

I tried the following flac just to be sure and it won't play either.

Rachmaninov Concerto for piano and orchestra no. 2, Mo... London Philharmonic Orchestra Classical flac 347.3 MB 10:59 4410 Kbps vbr

I can see the file loading in the webplayer but when its finished it wont play, it just stays at 00:00 even thought play button is engaged. I am using standalone version.

I am no sure any transcoding is working for me to be honest it seems all i can play is mp3 and acc.
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 02 Mar 2014, 05:41

Hi.
i think i know what is your problem, check in your madsonic folder if you had "transcode" folder, if don't have it check here and put in the madsonic folder.
"the file loading in the webplayer but when its finished it wont play", is because is not trascoding the song.
if you have it you need to go to settings > players. check is your usename in select player and go to the bottom in Change active format uncheck all, and check just m4a/flac. and try.


omoanya wrote:Hi Thanks for sticking with me... I appreciate it.

I tried the following flac just to be sure and it won't play either.

Rachmaninov Concerto for piano and orchestra no. 2, Mo... London Philharmonic Orchestra Classical flac 347.3 MB 10:59 4410 Kbps vbr

I can see the file loading in the webplayer but when its finished it wont play, it just stays at 00:00 even thought play button is engaged. I am using standalone version.

I am no sure any transcoding is working for me to be honest it seems all i can play is mp3 and acc.
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 08 Mar 2014, 18:30

HI - I checked my Madsonic folder and it does indeed have a transcode folder with two codecs - ffmpeg dated august 13, 2013 and lame dated MArch 12, 2012 -- I am wondering if i should update the ffmpeg with the one you posted .. investigation continues
-- as always, thanks for your kind help
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby HeavensNight » 12 Mar 2014, 03:34

That the problem, you need "Audioffmpeg" for the transcode work. you can rename the ffmpeg to Audioffmpeg or just download the new transcode folder and replace the old files.

Greetings

omoanya wrote:HI - I checked my Madsonic folder and it does indeed have a transcode folder with two codecs - ffmpeg dated august 13, 2013 and lame dated MArch 12, 2012 -- I am wondering if i should update the ffmpeg with the one you posted .. investigation continues
-- as always, thanks for your kind help
HeavensNight
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 07:55
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby omoanya » 23 Aug 2014, 22:36

Hi Heavens Night -- I am back at this still trying. I have downloaded the latest transcoding ffmpeg and lame from the forum link, I grabbed the ones in the folders 20140702_madsonic-transcode_latest_x86
(he has 4 different versions up there for mac i wasnt sure which)

I renamed the ffmpeg to audioffmpeg as you suggested but the flac's still load but don't play .

Here is a screen shot of my settings. Thanks again if you're still out there.



https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq4chmkeh0gaf ... M.png?dl=0
omoanya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 05:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby Madevil » 24 Aug 2014, 01:32

transcoding with Madsonic 5.1 has changed a lot

tr.png
User avatar
Madevil
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 942
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1339 times
Been thanked: 964 times

Re: Madsonic Loving it ! Some file-types wont play though .

Unread postby GJ51 » 24 Aug 2014, 05:35

LOL - :o So many changes so fast! I'm running to keep up...

What a great time to be a Madsonic fan!

Got a whole lot of things working well now. I'm taking a few days to go through every menu screen and relearn everything. I'll document whatever glitches I find and report.

Bravo on the progress - great stuff!
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 194
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 17:52
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Next

Return to Support 5.x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron