Error's during File Scan (random locations)

Need help? Post your questions here.
mp3sponge
Has thanked: 0

Error's during File Scan (random locations)

Unread post by mp3sponge »

Hi there ,

I've been having problems scanning my DB from time to time in the past few months. (since 4.xxxx) . The only fix is to nuke the entire install and reinstall madsonic from scratch , but then after anywhere from 1 week to 1 month , it'll start failing during the scans again. Below is my system setup and the error code that appears. Keep in mind , this error happens randomly during the scan , sometimes at 8000 files , sometimes at the 150,000'th file ... I only notice when I wake up and hit the "Show statistics' button and it shows me 800gig of 2.3tb is added.

[1/30/14 9:56 AM] ERROR MediaScannerService Failed to scan media library.
[1/30/14 9:56 AM] ERROR MediaScannerService ERROR PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [update media_file set present=?, last_scanned=? where path=?]; S1000 General error java.lang.NullPointerException in statement [update media_file set present=?, last_scanned=? where path=?]; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: S1000 General error java.lang.NullPointerException in statement [update media_file set present=?, last_scanned=? where path=

System specs :

Intel extreme mobo
intel quad core cpu (Q6700 @ 2.66ghz)
4gb ram
windows 7 pro 64bit
c: drive has 40gig free (its only an 80gig as the OS drive , theres 1.5tb free on the 2nd mp3 drive)
(Note: The system is a dedicated mp3 server running only madsonic and the basics... chrome , adobe reader x , etc. I've tried it on past version of java and latest update of java)

any help you can give would be fantastic... I've battled with this for months and I have to keep deleting the entire program and reinstalling (losing all my starred tracks , comments etc) .

Thanks in advance.

Jay.
triptol

Re: Error's during File Scan (random locations)

Unread post by triptol »

I can relate to this one, I get issues like yours as well once in a while.

You don't have to reinstall though. You could try a rescan with cleanup (settings -> media tools). You could also remove your database and create a new one (sudo mv /var/madsonic/db /var/madsonic/db_old, or whatever is appropriate for your OS).
These users thanked the author triptol for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%