Memory leak in Madsonic Server 5.0 Beta2 Build 3480

Post your Server Bug Report
archrival
Has thanked: 0

Memory leak in Madsonic Server 5.0 Beta2 Build 3480

Unread post by archrival »

My server stopped responding today. So I did some investigation and I see all sorts of messages in the catalina.log file:

Code: Select all

SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1b33c59]) and a value of type [org.acegisecurity.context.SecurityContextImpl] (value [org.acegisecurity.context.SecurityContextImpl@c06fd5d8: Authentication: org.acegisecurity.providers.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken@c06fd5d8: Username: org.acegisecurity.userdetails.User@0: Username: Josh; Password: [PROTECTED]; Enabled: true; AccountNonExpired: true; credentialsNonExpired: true; AccountNonLocked: true; Granted Authorities: ROLE_ADMIN, ROLE_DOWNLOAD, ROLE_UPLOAD, ROLE_COVERART, ROLE_COMMENT, ROLE_PODCAST, ROLE_STREAM, ROLE_SETTINGS, ROLE_JUKEBOX, ROLE_SHARE, ROLE_SEARCH; Password: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@0: RemoteIpAddress: 127.0.0.1; SessionId: A6C01B91EDE85CE11A4748AACAF0F965; Granted Authorities: ROLE_ADMIN, ROLE_DOWNLOAD, ROLE_UPLOAD, ROLE_COVERART, ROLE_COMMENT, ROLE_PODCAST, ROLE_STREAM, ROLE_SETTINGS, ROLE_JUKEBOX, ROLE_SHARE, ROLE_SEARCH]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 6:41:16 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Locale context]) and a value of type [org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet$1] (value [en]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 6:41:16 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.springframework.core.NamedThreadLocal] (value [Request attributes]) and a value of type [org.springframework.web.context.request.ServletRequestAttributes] (value [org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SavedRequestAwareWrapper@3f0f86]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1b33c59]) and a value of type [org.acegisecurity.context.SecurityContextImpl] (value [org.acegisecurity.context.SecurityContextImpl@ffffffff: Null authentication]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 5:13:13 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-thread-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 5:13:13 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] appears to have started a thread named [/var/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg InputStreamLogger] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 5:13:14 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] appears to have started a thread named [AudioScrobbler Registration] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
May 08, 2013 5:13:14 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/subsonic] appears to have started a thread named [HSQLDB Timer @2ab45d] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
The last line I see in the catalina.out file is:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "http-8080-Acceptor-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I have been running Subsonic or Madsonic on this Ubuntu box for years and I've never run into this issue before. I had similar issues on Windows, but I just tweaked the memory setting and everything was fine. I did recently upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04, but I also recently upgraded to the latest beta of Madsonic.
These users thanked the author archrival for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
chali
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Memory leak in Madsonic Server 5.0 Beta2 Build 3480

Unread post by chali »

Hi

I think i have the exact same problem
I try to do reinstall. But it didn't help at all.

Did you find out how to fix it?
/sincerely chali