Now Playing display issues

Post your Server Bug Report
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Now Playing display issues

Unread post by gurutech »

Running 3500, may have already been fixed in 3510, but I'm holding off on the update for now...

Just got a new album loaded onto my server, added all the songs to my playlist, which only contains these songs, and hit play. Nothing usually happens at this point until I click on the first song from the playlist, so I did that.

Still, nothing happened, so I clicked on the 2nd song, then the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. By this time, I figured I had made a bad burn of the songs, but I noticed on the right hand side where it lists all the active users and what they are listening to, I had listed under my single username, all 5 of these songs. They gradually disappeared one at a time, after the appropriate song length.

Thought that may be something to look into as a bug....

Anyway, figured out the issue with Madsonic not playing the songs (encoded in MP3 format) is that the transcoding settings for "mp3 audio" does not include "convert from" MP3 format. Apparently the Subwiji does not work. Some MP3 files it will work with Subwiji, but others not. I just added "mp3" to the convert from field for mp3 audio, and everything plays just fine.