Two scans for new items to appear

Post your Server Bug Report
larry.hanks
Been thanked: 0

Two scans for new items to appear

Unread post by larry.hanks »

Hi,

I've had this problem for several releases so I'm not sure when it actually first appeared. In any case, the problem is that when I have new albums on my server and I go to scan, they don't all appear on the "new" section after the first scan. Most of the time, all but one of the albums appears. This last time, though, none of them appeared. They all always appear after I scan twice.

This is not a major issue for me and don't take this as a complaint. I'm just letting you know that I have this issue and others may as well. I can handle scanning twice. I just don't know why it does that and I thought I should report it.

Thanks,
Larry
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Two scans for new items to appear

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

thanks for spoting out this. i will look into the code what maybe could go wrong.

Did you use the Fast access mode Cache ?

best regards
larry.hanks

No I just used the normal, "Scan Media Folders Now". I also tried doing a "Full Rescan" at one point just to see if it needed to clean up the database but that didn't seem to help.

Thank you!
Larry
larry.hanks

I just tried something different to see what would happen and it made a difference....

Before I did a scan for new material I refreshed the left frame to see if the new albums appeared there and they did. Then I did a scan and all of the items appeared on the first scan under the new section.

I only tried this once so I can't confirm that it officially worked but it did this one time.