MediaType and search function

Post your Server Bug Report
rmnma
Has thanked: 0

MediaType and search function

Unread post by rmnma »

I have the following folder structure:
Artist/Album/(cd 1 etc)/songs

When I use the search function some artists cannot be found. I have allready set the MediaType to Artist.
When I search for an artist Madsonic shows only albums from that artist and not the artist by itself.
rmnma

Re: MediaType and search function

Unread post by rmnma »

I found that when I search with "music" (the directory name where all my artists folders are stored) all the artists are found wich I cannot find with a normal search. Can anyone help me with this problem? Because some artists can be found, which are stored and tagged on the same way as artists which cannot be found.
rmnma

Unread post by rmnma »

Anyone?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

Did you read this Thread -> http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... =688#p1623

Maybe this help you to set you folders for artist right.

best regards
rmnma

Unread post by rmnma »

I have read your post. Only this will not help me. I have a root folder "Music". In this folder I have subfolders per artist. I have set all these artists folders by mediatype as artist. When I do a search some artists are shown as artist and some of them not.
It looks like for some of those artists madsonic thinks that "Music" the artist is, because when I search on Music all the artists which i cannot find appear under "artist".
I hope you can help me with this problem.
rmnma

Unread post by rmnma »

Hi Madevil,

I find out that I only have this problem by artist which madsonic have no Last.FM-Data found.
Even with a famous artist like abba madsonic can not load the last.fm data. Do you have a solution for this.
Madsonic is a very great mod! Thank you in advance!
rmnma

Unread post by rmnma »

I have the solution. By the artist which I cannot found I have change the artist name of the mediafile from "Artist" (my root folder) to the real artist name via Razor SQL. Now the problem is solved.