5.0.3660.beta5 Artist and folder-parsing bugs

Post your Server Bug Report
BKKKPewsey
Contributor
Contributor

5.0.3660.beta5 Artist and folder-parsing bugs

Unread post by BKKKPewsey »

Seem to have a couple of problems with the ARTIST icon functionality.
1 The "#" link doesn't appear to do anything even though I have artists which should appear there eg 10CC and 999 :?
I don't even get a waiting display in the browser

2 Even though I have in articles to ignore "The" "The Beatles" amongst many others get listed under "T" in the Artist link but correctly show under B in the left artist frame.
Also all the artists which are listed (incorrectly?) are shown as having 0 albums and songs :roll:

It also appears that the folder parsing is not being disabled properly eg it is stripping off the date in folder name.

I assume they are the correct settings :roll:

I am not sure if the "Last FM" algorithm has been tuned but I am getting a very good hit rate of correct artist summaries and artist art now so well done :)
(With 4400 album artists - no mean feat)

:mrgreen:
These users thanked the author BKKKPewsey for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
BKKKPewsey
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 5.0.3660.beta5 Artist and folder-parsing bugs

Some further info on the folder/album parsing bug - now using version 5.0.3710

It appears that it is not stripping the date info from albumsets but only single albums however only the first cd is now being shown :?

Note both cd's are being shown in the "NEW" view

EDIT: Just noticed the Artist buglet has now been fixed so "The Beatles" are now showing under "B" with albums and songs :) - Well done!
my "#" tab still doesn't appear to work though
:mrgreen:
BKKKPewsey
Contributor
Contributor

Re: 5.0.3660.beta5 Artist and folder-parsing bugs

Ok been away from for a while due to RL commitments, but now I'm back, so I am bumping this thread as the issues raised are still causing problems (Now on version 5.0.3830)
The deal breaker for me is that all (with a few exceptions) of my multiple disc "albumsets" are only showing the 1st cd.
I tried changing from CD # to Disk # in the subfolder names but no that changed nothing :?
Again all of the CD's show in the recently added view so the only way I can play any of those tracks in cd 2 or above is to scroll through that view or search for a track that I know is on it.
Here is a pic using Disc rather than CD text

Disc 2 not showing