Now Playing from Android shows current Download, not playing

Post your Server Bug Report
RFDragon
Has thanked: 0

Now Playing from Android shows current Download, not playing

Unread post by RFDragon »

Hi,

i loved about sub/madsonic that friends and me inspired eachother on what to listen to, by seeing what the others are playing.
We mostly use Android Clients. No matter which Android Client, "Now Playing" on the right will show the song that is currently being downloaded by the client, not the one which is played.
We also have 5 GB and more Music cache and unlimited preload, for best mobile performance.
That means, I start to play an Album and it gets downloaded completly in a minute.
"Now Playing" shows that i would "play" the whole album in this minute, one song after the other, like being downloaded.
So after this minute "now playing" shows the last song, which i will actualy listen to in about an hour.
Also, if i already downloaded (still in cache) the album before, "Now playing" wont show anything.

Hope this can be fixed :D

THX!
These users thanked the author RFDragon for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Now Playing from Android shows current Download, not pla

Unread post by gurutech »

This is an old issue.... The only workaround I have found is to limit cache to 100mb, and only pre-download 1 song at a time. So the worst that I will show when playing a playlist via mobile is one song ahead of the one I'm actually listening to.
These users thanked the author gurutech for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%