Artist link gives error "Access denied to file" [Solved]

Post your Server Bug Report
paw
Has thanked: 0

Artist link gives error "Access denied to file" [Solved]

Unread post by paw »

Hi All.

I have just set up a new server and wanted to try out Madsonic rather than Subsonic which I have been using for a while now.
All is good but I am getting the following error when I click on the 'artist' link on the home page (not the artist link at the top of the window (that works fine) but the artist link in the middle between 'hot' and '*artist' (If that makes sense lol)
Anyway the error is linked to a media folder that I have removed from the database. If I add that folder back the error does not occur, but I dont want that folder to be added. I have tried cleaning the database but this error remains. All else seems to work fine. Before I re-install I thought I would post here and try and fix it.
Hopefully this makes sense and here is a copy of the error

Code: Select all

Error
Madsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Madsonic Forum. Please include the information below.

Exception	java.lang.SecurityException
Message	Access denied to file \\NAS4FREE\Uber\U
Java version	Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_25
Operating system	Windows 7 6.1
Server	jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
Memory	Used 78 of 247 MB
Stack trace	java.lang.SecurityException: Access denied to file \\NAS4FREE\Uber\U
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:115)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:95)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:197)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.service.MediaFileService.getParentOf(MediaFileService.java:236)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.HomeController.getArtist(HomeController.java:353)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.controller.HomeController.handleRequestInternal(HomeController.java:147)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:686)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1494)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
	at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
	at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
	at org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
	at org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
	at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
	at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1482)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ResponseHeaderFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeaderFilter.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1482)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
	at net.sourceforge.subsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1474)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:428)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:949)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1011)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:668)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
These users thanked the author paw for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
paw
Has thanked: 0

Re: Artist link gives error "Access denied to file"

Unread post by paw »

To follow up, I realised I was not on the latest version so I upgraded from Build 3780 to Build 3800.
Unfortunately Madsonic now cannot find any of my media folders. I assume this is related to the fact that they are network shares, although they were working fine before the upgrade.
Looks like I'm going to have to go for a fresh install to fix this.
Are there any tricks to upgrading from one version to the next I might have missed?

Edit: To answer my own question, the reason I could no longer find any of my media shares after updating was that I needed to give the madsonic service the correct logon permissions.
And now that I have re-installed my original problem is fixed, I must have somehow screwed up the datebase.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Artist link gives error "Access denied to file"

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

yes the credential for madsonic service do the trick.

with build 3800 i fixed the getParentOf function exception, so now all should work normal ;)

best regards