android client 5.5 crashes on podcast playback

Need help? Post your questions or problem here.
binhex
Contributor
Contributor
Has thanked: 0

android client 5.5 crashes on podcast playback

Unread post by binhex »

hi madsonic, i am seeing a crash for madsonic 5.5 on android 4.4 (kitkat), if i attempt playback of a podcast by clicking on the bottom podcast icon and then select the podcast name and then the specific podcast session i want to listen to it crashes with "unfortunately madsonic has stopped", strangely enough the podcast actually starts streaming but the app is unusable, i have clicked on the report button, so hopefully you will see the crash report, i have put in a description of "crash on playback of podcast"
These users thanked the author binhex for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: android client 5.5 crashes on podcast playback

Unread post by Madsonic »

Thx for report, i will investigate this issue.

best regards
eKeith
Been thanked: 0

Re: android client 5.5 crashes on podcast playback

Unread post by eKeith »

Similar problem:

I have been successfully using subsonic since the legacy "premium" days. I decided to install Madsonic and purchase the Android client specifically for the client podcast support, hoping that it would offer similar server-side sorting of podcasts (i.e. list by most recently downloaded). Unfortunately upon selection of the listed podcast, the client results in the following error "github.madmarty.madsonic.service.a.u: NullPointerException". Note that I am able to successfully browse and play the podcast by navigating to it using the "folder" tab. Unfortunately the sorting is by filename and my task at searching for the most recent podcast remains.

Madevil, can you please investigate this issue?

Thank you