Kuril 10s quad core Jellybean all winner a31

Need help? Post your questions or problem here.
etyrnal

Kuril 10s quad core Jellybean all winner a31

Unread post by etyrnal »

Our family got a new android tablet.
http://www.kurioworld.com/k/us/parents/products/10s/

Seems like it should be able to run the player. I purchased the player through Play store. Play store says it's not compatible... Although I bet it will work perfectly fine. What has to change to make it possible? Or what info do you need from this device to make it possible …? :?:

Android 4.2 operating system (Jellybean) 10.1" 1280 x 800 pixel high resolution IPS multi-point touchscreen Powerful Quad Core processor with dedicated 3D graphics chip, 1 GB RAM 8GB integrated memory, extendable up to 40GB with Micro SD Card Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi, 802.11 b/g/n 2 front stereo speakersForward & rear facing cameras: 2.1 megapixel front / 2.1 megapixel back HD video player, music player, E-book reader, microphone Micro USB high speed transmission charger and host for external storage & peripherals connection Micro HDMI connection for HD 2160p playback on TV Video: H.264, H.263, VC-1, MPEG-1,2,4, DIVX-3,4,5,6, XVID, H263, WMV7/8, VP6, AVS Music format: MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, APE, AAC, AC3, ATRA, DTS Photo format: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG E-book format: EPUB, PDF Recording format: MP4 Language: supports multiple languages Supported computer systems: Windows2K/XP/Vista/7/8/Linux2.4/Mac OS 10.4High Capacity Lithium Polymer 7000mAh-3.7V Battery Micro SD Card Slot (card not included) 3.5 mm Headphone Jack + Mic pin to support a headset with a microphone Silicone Bumper Included Included in the box : Kurio 10S Tablet, Protective Silicone Bumper, Micro USB adapter, Micro USB cable, Power Adapter
etyrnal

Re: Kuril 10s quad core Jellybean all winner a31

Unread post by etyrnal »

bump!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

this specs should be enough for the Madsonic client, maybe some other problems exists,
but with upcoming release i change some settings and build tools for compatibility.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
etyrnal
Rating: 7.69%
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

i attached a picture of the Play store's message...

how to i figure out what the incompatibility is??
Attachments
Kurio 10s and Kurio Touch 4s - play store claims are incompatible?  Is it the Allwinner processor?  Specs?  What is it?
Kurio 10s and Kurio Touch 4s - play store claims are incompatible? Is it the Allwinner processor? Specs? What is it?
These users thanked the author etyrnal for the post:
Madsonic
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

bump
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

Android 4.2 is getting a bit worn, but that probably isn't the problem. As you suggest the processor may be one that isn't in the main stream. Also remember that the OEM usually does the modifications to Android for the system it's on.

With a 10.1" screen you should be able to run Madsonic with a standard browser. You might have to side-load flash to enable the player. You could try contacting the manufacturer and getting their point of view.

HTH
These users thanked the author GJ51 for the post:
etyrnal
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

Problem is perhaps the provider or the custom ROM itself,
Reason: other apps&services should not can contact themselves to the Google play services , instead their company App Store should be used. ;)

so for the next version i reduces its dependence on Google's lib and that should fix that problem.

Madsonic 5.6 Public Preview will be announced soon.

PS: @GJ51: your are right, in most cases the blocking can be bypassed if you make a side-load with the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) tool.

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
etyrnal
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

the message regarding the incompatibility is coming from the play store SITE (when logged in through a desktop browser while the Kurio 10s isn't even turned on.)

Is there a way to prove my purchase, and install the apk directly?

Or is it available through another venue?

Thanks for your time and help
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

There's a link to an older apk that might get you by until a new version comes along that solves your problem.

http://uploaded.net/file/0p29jix7/subso ... 50.apk.zip

I can't guarantee that it'll work but it's worth a try until a fix is available.
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

GJ51 wrote:There's a link to an older apk that might get you by until a new version comes along that solves your problem.

I can't guarantee that it'll work but it's worth a try until a fix is available.
I was finally able to download and pay for the latest version from the Play Store, it works in every way except for playback.

server is up ... It finds my songs and alums... Finds my playlist.... and everything else shows up.... if I select any music and tell it to play it ,and go to the playing now screen, it says downloading 0k ,forever, and it never starts playback. What is going on?
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

I just spent a few minutes rereading the thread to see if there was a clue to what is causing your problems, but there isn't enough information to point you in a specific direction.

Here are some ideas that may help clarify a few things.

What platform is your server on?

Is your server working with other devices? i.e. Other PC's inside/outside your network?

Test your tablet on my server to see if it works.

https://98.117.180.120:8241

You'll need to accept the warnings regarding the invalid certificate - I'm not buying one just to make others more comfortable.

Use guest for both the username and password.

If the tablet works on my site then you know it's an issue on the server.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

etyrnal wrote:
GJ51 wrote:There's a link to an older apk that might get you by until a new version comes along that solves your problem.
I was finally able to download and pay for the latest version from the Play Store, it works in every way except for playback.
server is up ... It finds my songs and alums... Finds my playlist.... and everything else shows up.... if I select any music and tell it to play it ,and go to the playing now screen, it says downloading 0k ,forever, and it never starts playback. What is going on?
Hi there,

there is no general problem with downloading to storage, but some manufacturers make strange things with customizations and branding.
Sounds like you have trouble save data to your storage path.

*) Is your Phone rooted? Custom-ROM?
*) Did you try to reinstall App/clean cache?
*) Did you try Settings -> Player -> Proxy streaming?
*) Did you get any error messages?

Best regards