Lockscreen Music Controls

Need help? Post your questions or problem here.
kornkid5622

Lockscreen Music Controls

Unread post by kornkid5622 »

I recently purchased the Madsonic android app and I want to say it's great, the only issue i've had is that for some reason the lockscreen controls don't usually show up, once in a while it does show up when i turn on the screen but usually it doesn't... is there any way to make this always show up? I like being able to skip tracks without having to unlock the phone completely. I'm using a Moto G with android 4.4.4 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any help!
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lockscreen Music Controls

Unread post by gurutech »

I'm having the same issue. Samsung S3, running 4.3 (rooted). Haven't figured out why it's not working every time though.

Are you listening through headphones (wired), or bluetooth (wireless)? I need to get a pair of BT headphones, but I do listen occasionally on a wired headset, with mic control. I find that hitting the button on the mic will pause the music, hitting it again will play. I thought hitting twice or 3x real fast would either FF to the next song, or REW to the previous song, but my headset isn't doing this.
kornkid5622

i'm listening with wired headphones (and sometimes the phones internal speaker) haven't used any bluetooth speakers or headphones
unicron
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by unicron »

Just wanted to chime in here, I have a Moto G with Android 4.4 and a bluetooth headset with integrated mic. Have not seen lockscreen controls yet, actually found this thread by googling for it as I thought it was an option I hadn't seen or something. Any info needed, I'd be glad to help.

Update: Had to reboot my phone and it worked after that, at least for a little while. It seemed to stop working after playback had stopped the first time. Have also tested without the headset but wasn't able to get lockscreen controls to show up.
kornkid5622

yeah we could really use an official comment here or something, i've had the app over a month now and this is the only problem i'm still having
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

Under "Announcements" there will be a new 5.6 version of the Android client coming soon.

I just checked my app, since I got a new phone after my S3 died (now have an S5), and I have Pause/Play, Fwd, Rew controls on the lock screen. Running the 5.5 client.