Observation about the various clients and Madsonic paradigm

Need help? Post your questions or problem here.
etyrnal

Observation about the various clients and Madsonic paradigm

Unread post by etyrnal »

FIRSTLY i want to say, Madsonic is my favorite overall, and in many specific ways...

So i feel funny 'complaining'. Madsonic is VERY ALBUM-cenric, and ARTISTS-centric. Those aspect are good.

My library serves a family of NINE people. So our music collection is very SONG-centric. We try to add everybody's favorites SONGS as we discover them. There seems to be no elegant, efficient, non-manual-labor way of getting a list of most recently added SONGS.

Kids get music from all kinds of sources. Sometimes the tags aren't complete. Right now the only way i can see to browse all the songs they are dumping into out 'Music' folder is that they appear alllll the way at the bottom of the side pane in the web client. Often in the form of "artist song.mp3", or "long mix name.mp3" (with no 'Artist' 'Album'). How do i gracefully browse, search, etc. these?

The Madsonic paradigm seems to prefer generating lists of Albums, and Artists. There seems ot be no efficient/graceful way of dealing with loose songs.

For example, in iTunes, or Song Bird, or Banshee, or whatever, you can get a list of sings, and sort them by recently added, or times played, or starred, etc...

In madsonic that seems to not exists.

Have i just not understood the paradigm?
Attachments
screenshot.1163.jpg
etyrnal

Re: Observation about the various clients and Madsonic parad

Unread post by etyrnal »

The fact that there's seemingly no way to browse songs means i just have to have thousands upon thousands of songs memorized... then what's the point of a database?

Why aren't any of the below possible??

Random SONGS
Random RECENTLY ADDED SONGS
Recently added SONGS (sorted by most recently added descending)
SONG Tip
Top rated SONGS
Most played SONGS
Recently played SONGS
SONGS By decade
SONGS By genre
Alphabetical SONGS
Top100 SONGS
New100 SONGS

and why is "Discover" seemingly limited to STARRED stuff? If it's starred, it's already been discovered, no?
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

tried to find a track that I know is in my library. it has no id3 tags because it's a mix. it's extraordinarily difficult to find, browse, search, and play individual mp3 files that don't fit into the album artist paradigm.
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

I listen to a lot of underground and unsigned stuff... they don't have id3 tags... why can't I just search, find a string in an mp3's filename, select it, play it, or add it to a Playlist with ease??
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

why won't the client load the library of tracks for faster selection or browsing?